General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:31 PM

i washed buffed the body and when i went out just a minute ago. i think about two or three dozen birds just peged my car looks like i will be washing her again hope it wont get peged again by birds.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I didn't do anything with the Monte today but I took him to a car show last Sat & Sunday - also ordered a new hood liner - haven't heard anything yet from the company so we shall see.....

Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Val1970
Nothing today, but i cleaned up the rims last night. I made the mistake and bought the Mothers mag alum polish. But tries it and it worked great. Clean and shiney. It poured last night/this morning and they still look great. Next time i will get the chrome cleaner and polish.
I bought it(97 LS) last month for $1500. I might have overpaid but I really wanted it.
So far i had the multi function switch fixed, got some better/newer tires put on, cleaned up the rims, replaced the gas cap, put in a new air filter and got an oil change done. Oh and my husband fixed and recharged the ac and I cleaned the inside out really good.
My next item to fix is why the anti lock light is on. I think its the LR hub. It had code of c1234, LR wheel speed circut open or shorted. Does that sound like its the back hub?
I love mothers products I've been there before I may have overpaid on something I really wanted a time or two lol I know I for sure got screwed at least twice on trade ins because I just didnt wanna wait and sell it and then buy.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by monte07
i washed buffed the body and when i went out just a minute ago. i think about two or three dozen birds just peged my car looks like i will be washing her again hope it wont get peged again by birds.
I hate it when that happens I was reading online and apparently birds love to nail red vehicle frequently, explains why my truck is always a target

Old 08-08-2012, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I didn't do anything with the Monte today but I took him to a car show last Sat & Sunday - also ordered a new hood liner - haven't heard anything yet from the company so we shall see.....
A custom hood liner or just a new one to replace the original?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Nothing today but my every day drive.

I did go to a show 2 days ago though. Sucked miserably. Only 6th gen monte & 1 of 4 montes there, in a sea of import garbaaaaaage.
Atleast the older people enjoyed it. Slowly cruising down the classics run I popped it in neutral and let them have a taste of its glorious whurr

Old 08-08-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Is that a custom hood liner with some embroidery or an emblem or something? I'm sure they would be cool as heck, but you probably wouldn't recommend one for a daily driver right?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
Nothing today but my every day drive.

I did go to a show 2 days ago though. Sucked miserably. Only 6th gen monte & 1 of 4 montes there, in a sea of import garbaaaaaage.
Atleast the older people enjoyed it. Slowly cruising down the classics run I popped it in neutral and let them have a taste of its glorious whurr
Jen I'm loving the name change and the new sig, freshh as hell hey that counts for some monte work!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Is that a custom hood liner with some embroidery or an emblem or something? I'm sure they would be cool as heck, but you probably wouldn't recommend one for a daily driver right?
Mine has held up just fine: (made it myself) (old pic)

I bought the trunk panel from Jason, got myself a new Monte t-shirt that just arrived at home today and now in a bidding war for a passenger Grand Prix seat

Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 PM

took my bug deflector off to see if i like it on better with the headlightcovers or not lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?