General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Today I got the driver's heated seat fixed. Had to replace the entire leather cover (with the heating element sewn into it) on the back rest part of the driver's seat.

Now I have a slight problem. The back seat looks brand new because nobody ever sits in it. The passenger seat is almost new looking because rarely does anyone sit in it. Now the driver's seat. The back rest is now brand new. The seat is the original 8 year old leather. With 8 years worth of wear. The seat obviously looks bad compared to all the other seats in the car. Question is, should I replace the seat bottom leather also? Or just leave it as is? Kind of a lot of money to spend when there's technically nothing wrong with it. Just looks older than everything else.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would replace the seat bottom leather also..,But it's your Monte not mine..

Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yeah id replace it when u have the extra $$ to spend

Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Today... Drove the Monte, washed it, worked on headlights, checked s/c fluid

Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Default Resurface Headlight

Today I resurfaced my headlight, just the drivers side for now. I had to use the sand paper since it was massively in need of it. I probably need to do it again, or just find new headlights. Mother's brand for about $20. In this box the sand paper is by hand (took way too long), I think I'll be looking for one that I can attach to my drill .

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by robz
Today I resurfaced my headlight, just the drivers side for now. I had to use the sand paper since it was massively in need of it. I probably need to do it again, or just find new headlights. Mother's brand for about $20. In this box the sand paper is by hand (took way too long), I think I'll be looking for one that I can attach to my drill .
I used mothers on my 94/95 headlights. Not so good. I bought the buffing ball and all the recommended fluids. (AKA Kit) If there that bad I would use sand paper. I spent as much time with the kit as I did with the paper. But then again my lights were horrible. They came that way when I bought the car. I now use the kit to keep them clean. Once a month at the most.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM

Drove my monte today for the first time in over a week. It's a 4 mile drive to work with lots of stop signs so yeah....V8 sucks the gas down hardcore lol. Driving it home from work today, washing/waxing it, then it goes into the garage for the winter most likely.
I'll either ride my bicycle to work or drive the Escape for the rest of the winter. Not to happy about it but commifornia gas prices are rediculous. The monte carlo is our road trip car so if we plan any long trips during the winter we'll take it out.
On a completly different note, it's fun to spend a little bit of time driving something else besides my car. It makes me appreciate the monte carlos power/comfort so much more lol.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM

yesterday i drove my monte back to college to play some lacrosse with the bros woke up with a few tickets on my windshield...

Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cleaned my K&n air filter it has been 2 years .LOL and just getting ready for INAC (IASCA North American Championships) for SQC (Sound Quality Challenge) IQC
(Install Quality Challenge ) I am going for West Coast champion, World champion and the Triple Crown Champion , in the Amateur / Pro Amateur classes. This afternoon I am going to Buff and Wax the car it is all I have left to do . I leave next week on the 21st .

man this car looks good !!!

and i just put more Sound deadener in the doors on Monday for a total of 12 square foot in each door now

9 foot +in each door

3 + foot on the outside

stock door 2 years ago

2 + foot inside and 1+ foot outside last year until this Monday was good enough and took it all the way finally

Last edited by Blazed SS; 09-12-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
worked on headlights
Where the eff is your project thread!? Would like to see some pics!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Monte Carlo today?