General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Washed the Monte and took some pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012 | 02:41 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Looks great!

Old 04-05-2012 | 06:36 PM
15 Year Member

Nice Monte but you need to start catching the mod bug. There's some great ideas here. How about painting the ugly bottom clad? May I also suggest removing the rear bowtie and maybe replacing it with the SS red one?

Old 04-05-2012 | 07:23 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by kingreyna
Nice Monte but you need to start catching the mod bug. There's some great ideas here. How about painting the ugly bottom clad? May I also suggest removing the rear bowtie and maybe replacing it with the SS red one?
Lol. I've kinda caught it. Just going slow, so I can really think things over. When I got the new trunk lid with the spoiler on it, it had a red overlay on the rear bowtie. I took the overlay off so it would be blue again. I guess like to try and be a little different. I think I'm going to leave the blue one on the back and put a blue one on the front on the SLP grille. If I don't like the way it looks I can always change it.

I hadn't thought about painting the bottom clad. I don't even know what color I'd paint it, or how to go about doing it. I'm sure I could figure out how to take it off. I think it's just held on with plastic clips. Might me a neat thing to do if I could decide on a color. I like the darker grayish color that it is now.

Food for thought.

Old 04-05-2012 | 08:10 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Very nice!

Old 04-06-2012 | 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
That's the factory Tony Stewart grill. It only really works on a black monte. Which is what he has luckily. But it looks bad on other colors because it allows you to see the center divider between the two nostrils. And especially the empty spot where you removed the knight's crest. The SLP grill kind of disguises that to some degree.

On a black car, the TS grill works okay. But I would still go with an SLP grill, and simply put a badge of your liking on the blank spot. Besides, I've heard that TS grills are getting hard to find now. And they're more expensive than the SLP.
WRONG!! lol sry all u do is take to paint shop have outside ring of it painted 2 match color of our car, so things will run u bout 200 in total, remove the knights crest go hardware store grab a can flat black paint, a scratch pad and sum cleaner place grill on car with out the film removed from the glue mark the outline with a pencil then paint under the grill black thats what i did on my white 2000 ss and i got lots of complaments and it looked great!!!!!