General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

A visit with an old friend.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A visit with an old friend.

Well today my wife took a trip to New Orleans with a friend of hers and left early. When I was leaving for work I flipped the switch on in the garage and it took about two seconds to decide if I were going to drive the Avalanche or my wife's car (My Old Friend Monte) . I told my daughter to jump in the Monte because dad wanted to make sure everything was still good with the car. I dropped her off to school and away I went!

At 123K miles she drove just as good as when I bought it four years ago with 42K miles. The little modification I did to the air cleaner a few years back still sounds like she is crying for more acceleration. The looks this car gets is really amazing. People driving the Lexus and tricked out Accord's really bend thier neck when they see that Supercharged emblem. She still smokes the tires on dry pavement as she always has. I got to work and everyone said "I thought you sold that car". Nope still in the family and when we upgrade my wife's ride it will be my 1/4 mile project I said.

Some of you may remember when we bought my wife the new 2006 Ford Mustang she hated it. I have to admit it was a really uncomfortable ride although it looked pretty good. We bought it thinking that with a warranty, 3 years no interest etc it would be good for her when I was traveling kind of a "Piece of Mind" thought. Well we were wrong as it left her stranded a couple of times, had several recalls so when we paid it off I traded that one for the Avalanche and she kept the Monte and has been happy ever since.

So in 2009 my wife wants the 2004 over any other car she could have had. Pretty neat eh?

I have always said this Monte is one of the best cars I have ever owned for looks, comfort, acceleration, gas mileage, handling etc.

Anyway enough ranting about the Monte I just hope she stays in tact for about another year and that is when the real friendship with my Monte will begin.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like you have a Nice Monte there ... And you are having fun driving the Monte again...Enjoy the Ride...

Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Heart warming.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Very nice! I get lots of looks and compliments in my black/silver supercharged ss too they're the sexiest monte ever made!