Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Good-bye Old Friend

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Good-bye Old Friend

Well it finally happened. After years of hearing people ask "You wanna sell the Z28?" and hearing my self reply "HELL NO!!!", I finally heard myself reply "How much you willing to offer?"

Lately I've felt bad that I haven't been treating him like I should, the couple that bought him were enthusiastic and excited to return him to what he should be. For years I let him sit in the garage, only drove him on rare occasions.... Didn't seem right, or fair that he didn't get to see the light of day as much as he once did. I had to let him go to a home that... sadly, is going to treat him a lot better then I have as of late. The list of things that need to be done are simple and relatively short for a 16 year old car but I just could no longer find the time, energy or money to put into it like I should have and decided that it was better for all involved to let the "adoption" go through. Couldn't even stand to watch him go out the driveway for the last time.

Did have to take one last family photo before I let them take him from me:

Thanks for listening to the odd rantings of this former f-body owner, I keep telling myself this puts me a little closer to that much desired GTO... Not helping much right now!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Sad to here of the loss of your family member, good news is you can always buy another one or a GTO.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As someone in the market for an F-Body how much did you get for it because it could have been mine

Old 06-22-2011, 06:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Always hard to part with one you care about, especially after you have cared for and revived. It killed me to sell my 77Gp but I did not feel up to another round of repainting. I sold it without regard to who was purchasing it. It bothered me because it was a young black kid who I was sure was not going to take as good of care as I had. Knew it would end up with 22's or something on it and it did so I heard(not being prejudice). Its been lost now with no sightings in at least 2 years. Cant stand to think its smashed in some junkyard, as I had a fortune in that car and brought my son home from the hospital in it. I would have gladly bought it back and fixed her up again. Point is--you know you sold your to a good couple and that is great. Let it go in peace and think of the wonderful years you had together.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

that much close to a ls powered one! :P

Old 06-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Always hard to part with one you care about, especially after you have cared for and revived. It killed me to sell my 77Gp but I did not feel up to another round of repainting. I sold it without regard to who was purchasing it. It bothered me because it was a young black kid who I was sure was not going to take as good of care as I had. Knew it would end up with 22's or something on it and it did so I heard(not being prejudice). Its been lost now with no sightings in at least 2 years. Cant stand to think its smashed in some junkyard, as I had a fortune in that car and brought my son home from the hospital in it. I would have gladly bought it back and fixed her up again. Point is--you know you sold your to a good couple and that is great. Let it go in peace and think of the wonderful years you had together.
I know what you are talking about. I sold 1965 chevy II to a guy he put trailer hitch on . chevyII was under water at lake over night.
he had a diver hook tow cable to pull out of lake .I have not seen chevyII after that
Sorry to hear you sold Z28

Last edited by zjerry; 06-22-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

That sucks man. At least it was green

Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sorry you had to sell the Z.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:41 PM

Reminds me of when i sold my white 83 T-Bird for my 92 RS Camaro back in 94 when I seen that T-Bird again I wanted to cry looked like they flipped her a few times. But great she's going to a good home !

Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

sad news, very sorry, but going to a good home is the best for it.....

Quick Reply: Good-bye Old Friend