General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Unbelievably good deal for some one in Dearborn, MI

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 AM

whose to say an accident was reported? he could have wrecked the car and ran off and rebuilt it himself. who's to be the wiser. carfax doesnt know everything. just what people got caught doing or wanted insurance to pay for.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
whose to say an accident was reported? he could have wrecked the car and ran off and rebuilt it himself. who's to be the wiser. carfax doesnt know everything. just what people got caught doing or wanted insurance to pay for.
**rant mode on**

EXACTLY! Carfax IMO isn't really worth the paper it's printed on. If it says it was in an accident then I believe it if it doesn't... that doesn't mean anything. Case in point: A few years ago my GF was looking at a used Civic that was two years old. Pretty nice... for a HonDoh'. At any rate the dealer was real happy to show her the clean Carfax. She brought it to me at work, a co-worker and I just started a casual walk around look. The trim work and back windows had overspray on them... rather fresh overspray at that. When we got looking a little closer at it the rear wheels stuck out different amounts on either side of the car. Again a little closer look we noticed that the front of the tire on the right side was closer to the front of the car then the left tire, co-worker took out his pill bottle, one side the bottle wouldn't fit, the other side there was at least an inch and a half of space between the bottle and the tire. Strangely the car rode fine, sure it would eat up a set of tires in no time though. She took it back and told them she didn't want a car with a bent axle, they wanted to know how she knew it was bent. She turned pointed to me. "Well let me show you the carfax..." Come on outside I'll show you the CAR!!! "Well I'm no mechanic..." I'm not either, you don't need to be one to see this. "Don't know why my mechanic didn't see it?!" I don't either! "If I fixed it are you still interested?" GF said when she got it to test drive she was told that the sales manager was driving it when they first got the car in... And all of a sudden switched cars... Hmmmm, Let see a new car dealer with a body shop and no report of an accident on an obviously freshly painted car with a bent axle.... We should have called the BBB on them and I'm kicking myself for not doing it, but I feel safe in saying that none of my vehicles will ever cast a shadow on on the parking lot of "Bent Axle Dodge" ever again.

**rant mode off**