General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Trunk Lid Liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Trunk Lid Liner

I still see other products on PFYC with GM logos. Like seatcovers and floormats. Maybe it`s just the original supplier of PFYC`s trunk lid liner that has stopped production due to lack of interest? I tried looking through my receipts for the name of the originating company, but must have thrown it out.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is this true of thePFYC trunk mats as well?

Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 PM

I still see other products on PFYC with GM logos. Like seatcovers and floormats.
Maybe those companies just pay the licensing fees?
GM sells their own line of floor mats too. Seat covers as well.
SLP also sells floor mats through some of these vendors, but I'd guess that they may have rights to some of those designs since they did the custom work on the special edition models (Regal LSX/GSX, Monte LSX, Grand Prix GTX).
I think that the trunk lid liners were made by a small company, and that GM possiblty sued that company for royalties.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Someone want to throw out some ideas for a custom design?

Know anyone else willing to make some of these up at a reasonable price?

The grand design mat guy has been a little standoff-ish ever since I first contacted him, so I don't want to deal with him myself. That's why I took a guess that he had an issue with GM's licensing.
If anyone else wants to get in touch with him, there is a contact box on his website (www.granddesignmat.com), and his email is granddesignmat@aol.com.

I sent an email to PFYC to see if they'd give me any info, but I'm wondering if them pulling the bowtie and SS liners and this guy being pissy are related?

On a slightly related note.....
Makes me wonder though, I've heard a few people complain about poor customer service from small businesses lately. My friend went into a motorcycle/atv dealer recently and waited 10 minutes at the counter while the guys that worked there were bs'ing behind the counter. My parents said they went to a car dealer to look at a new car, and 6 sales people were standing around sipping coffee and they waited about 10 minutes before leaving since the sales people just kept saying "be with you in a second". With the grand design guy, instead of just reiterating "I won't do this or this" every time I tried to throw an idea his way, why would he not just say "hey, this is what I can do"?
Considering that the economy sucks right now, if you were in a commissioned sales job, wouldn't you put the extra effort in to make as many sales happen as possible?
I mean, I understand that if you're raking it in, that you can take a break and have some time to yourself, but when dealerships and small businesses are closing left and right, why would you not at least try to be slightly friendly?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

-Riggs.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 PM

Ok guys, this is what im going to try and do..... i have experience in doing ulpolstery so im going to try and make my own trunk liner....i know im going to have to do alot of trial and error type of thing but hey u never know i might something good to try this.... so what i ask is if a member that already has this trunk liner if they can please take a couple of picture of the piece front back and how it is accually installed on the trunk its self.... and after im done ill post picture and see if any memebers would like to purchase from me

Old 02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I would definitely like to see that. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Taking pictures now. I'll try to email you the full size (hi-res) pics so you can see better detail.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM

Thats a great idea sprkf2005. Im very interested and from what ive read i'd rather deal with a member here.

Good luck, in my eyes the hardest part would be how to attach it but thats why your askin for pics. Thanks for the extra effort.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

To answer your question about attaching it, what they did with ours (the people who bought the pfyc version) is they used that super velcro-type stuff where both sides are the same. Made by 3M. Used on headlight covers and stuff.

They built up the necessary number of layers of the stuff in nine different spots around the perimeter on the back. You peel and stick the top layer to the trunk lid.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:31 PM

Is it really that simple. Just some double sided velcro tape. If thats the case I might give it a go.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I took a bunch of pics. If you want them too, I can email `em to ya. They're in jpg format, but the files are kinda big. So warn me if you're not using high speed internet.

Oh yeah, you'll have to PM me your email addy. When I click on the "email" button at the bottom of your posts, it won't let me put attachments. Text only.

Quick Reply: Trunk Lid Liner