General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

triple edge transmission

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Talking triple edge transmission

just got my monte back last weekend from david at triple edge performance, and you-all were right ,it is great , fast firm shifts and the new gears are great didn't really know how doggie the stock trans made it , thanks everyone for pointing me that way !!

Old 07-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome, glad you like it! Dave is the man for sure when it comes to the 4t65e

Old 07-13-2016, 09:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Another happy customer. I am not sure I ever heard anything bad of TEP. Those guys seem to do very well with the transmissions and the people.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

What I like most about them is that the keep contact and communicate, as well as providing a solid trans

Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
What I like most about them is that the keep contact and communicate, as well as providing a solid trans
this is exactly correct. not only does he build amazing transmissions but his customer service is over the top. ive said this before but ill say it again, when he built mine i had tune issues not letting the convertor lock.... dave stayed up until around 2am on a friday night making revisions to my tune so i could make gm nationals the next day. IMO he is superior to all when it comes to the 4t65e

Old 07-14-2016, 06:04 PM

Kicking myself for not going with one of his builds. I was just worried, with my luck, something would be wrong after install, I'd have to uninstall, and send back - all on my dime. Now reading this, I now realize I paid for for a local "standard" build (2k) and could've gotten a much better setup...

Now I know... Hoping I could get one after I FINALLY go FI route one of these year...LOL

Old 07-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Glad to hear all the rave reviews, I'm still saving up to get one
Living in the middle of nowhere, hard part might be finding someone reliable to install for me

Old 07-15-2016, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad that worked out for you. I tried giving them my business as I'm sure they are very very busy. I left two messages and called a third time the following week to try but no luck. I went with zzp for my trans.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:50 PM

it was a very smooth transaction , david was very pleasant and helpful, stayed awhile and talked cars when i was there picking mine monte up from his shop ,he came in on a sunday for me to pick it up , he does some cool projects (trans,engines ,mods etc.) on about every level there ,pretty smart tech guy , and what was great is he had my old parts layed out on his bench so we could go thru what was going on with my trans and what he replaced in the rebuilt . :-)

Old 07-16-2016, 10:15 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rick Riley
it was a very smooth transaction , david was very pleasant and helpful, stayed awhile and talked cars when i was there picking mine monte up from his shop ,he came in on a sunday for me to pick it up , he does some cool projects (trans,engines ,mods etc.) on about every level there ,pretty smart tech guy , and what was great is he had my old parts layed out on his bench so we could go thru what was going on with my trans and what he replaced in the rebuilt . :-)
That's awesome he took the time to show you what was wrong in the trans as well. I wish I lived closer to him I would visit his shop alot haha