General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

today at the gas station some old man ask.....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's possible Garrett. Isn't the unibody of the 06 & 07 Monte different from the Impala? The Monte's unibody looks to be the same as the 6th gen with some minor tweaking.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

JAFO, is it possible the LTZ you saw was modded by the owner? Or have you seen more than one like that?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
Count?

Since I don't think everyone saw this I am posting it again. lol Muahahahhaaha

*********CLICK BELOW**********

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 AM

No Taz, it isn't modded b/c I see quite a few of those Luminas running around where I'm from. They do look like Z34s from the back b/c like I've said in previous posts; where I'm from montes aren't too common and every now and then I'll be coming up on one of these imposter Luminas thinking it's a monte while also thinking to myself that why it may seem kinda dorkish I like riding beside the old 5th gens b/c people behind us get to see how much these cars have changed but it's always that danged Lumina so I drive by it in pity...

Old 08-14-2009, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
JAFO, is it possible the LTZ you saw was modded by the owner? Or have you seen more than one like that?
Actually got the picture on-line. But I had seen one around town in white. Looks like the Z34 except the lettering and outline on the bowtie is chrome rather then the black letters and red bowties on the Z34.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:06 AM

A friend was riding with me in my '84 Monte, and he saw a Cadillac Fleetwood pass by. He asked me if that was the same thing as my car.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:21 AM

JAFO, most 5th gens around me have a chrome trim peice around the top of the grill. Thats how I always tell what they are when driving down the highway.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cut Throat
JAFO, most 5th gens around me have a chrome trim peice around the top of the grill. Thats how I always tell what they are when driving down the highway.
The LS has the chrome trim the Z34 has nothing on the hoods leading dege. The Z34s are blacked out. The bowtie is black with a red outline, the lettering is black and the trim band around the bottom section is more of a graphite.

I used to have a 95 Z34 (still miss it!), that's why I remembered how the LTZs looked because the first time I saw the white one in town I thought it was a twin of mine.

BTW: Sharp car, Love the look!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Now I get that all the time with my Monte, but mine is an '06 and the front end is almost identical to the '06 Impala (someone who knows Chevys or has a good eye can tell the 2 front ends apart). Then when I tell them it's a Monte Carlo, they say, "I didn't know they still made those".

But how could anyone mistake an '04 Monte SS for an Impala? The front end on an Impala never looked like that.

Garrett- I was going to post the same thing about the engines on the '06/07 Montes. I'm virtually certain that on the '07s, ALL of the models went to the FlexFuel 3.5 engine and have that badge on the trunk, except for the SS. The LTZ was dropped in '07, and the 3.9 engine was no longer available on the LT. There may have been some changes in the available exterior colors as well.

I don't think the hood sits lower on the 7th gen Montes compared to the Impalas; what's different about the two is that the windshield on the Impala is pitched steeper than the windshield on our Montes, which leans back/lower more due to the lower roofline on the Monte. I can always tell an Impala from a Monte by looking at the windshield. The other thing that's different between the two is the fog lights: the Monte's fog lights have a silver trim ring around them, but the fog lights on the Impala are set in black plastic.

Last edited by myfirstbowtie; 09-02-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 AM

Yeah... Well some dude in Gardner, KS asked my how I liked my Toyota Avalon!
(it's my Black '98 Monte 3.1) . I just kept walking into
the liquor store 'cause I think he was just tryin' to PMO (p**s me off!)
He was driving a Ford Taurus...

Maybe he had gotten to the Un-Nataral Light before me ??

Quick Reply: today at the gas station some old man ask.....?