General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Think i found my next mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Think i found my next mod

i was looking at making a set of theses but with the angel eyes in them after reading a diffrent fourm and the guy did them on a 5th gen.

so it got me thinking,
did some serching on the net and found this
http://store.racinglab.com/pjh-hlc-mtcr-0003-bk-2.html

they have the projector beames for the 6th gen monte carlo with out the angel eyes but those can be made and or modifyed to work on out cars rather easily.
But for the price these are not to much more then gettign a set of the blacked out head lights and theses are done that way already.
I am trying to contact them to see if i can get a picture of them and also to see if they can replace the DLR with the angel eyes so that the circut for the DLRS will be the angel eyes. Like what the bemmers have on thier cars.

if any one else is interasted we might ask about a group buy on them . but not real sure how many might like this look .
If they get a pic i will post it for ya.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Default RE: Think i found my next mod

I'd advise against them as the light output on projection headlights leaves much to be desired. When I had my Accord, I really liked the look of the projection headlights so I got a set and while they looked good, they didn't even perform as well as my stock headlights. I ended up unloading em and taking a $100 hit in the process[:@] Then I simply did the black housing conversion and well as the 9005-9006 conversion using Nokya Arctic Whites and was a happy camper

The only projection headlights I'd go for are HID's, other than that, they're a waste of money......unless you like good looking headlights that couldn't light up the road for ****.

I assure you, this is not an isolated opinion either, many of my Honda buddies have come to the same conclusion.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:10 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

i figures LOL
what started thsi was the HID thing. I would love to go hid but i would like to have a diffrent look abotu the car to Not just the stockers looking at you.

I was goign to find a set of stockers and cut them up so i could put in the BMW hid beams in to them and then they would be the HID beams in stead of just holigen beams.

Not to mention over here you can find the bmw parts all day long relitivly cheap.
if not walk down the auto bond and if you cant find them wait they wreck at least two beammers a day around here. and when they bounce off the gard rail the light s come out of them.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:49 AM

Well, if you have weather there that assures this won't be an issue, go for it. I just wanted you to be aware that doing so would sacrifice safety for cosmetics.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

that is also in part why i hate the head lights i have now they are almost usless here with fog. Was hoping that they would cut threw it better

Also looks were part of it to but not as big of a issue as seeing the road.
the added benny would be getting the DLR's to look better then they do stock.

etheir way i will have to figure somethign out I have heard the supper brites arent much better and the HID right now it out of the question after the decals issue. i dont see the boss letting me spend that much with out me hearing of it at least for a week LOL

So i figured if i could make somethign that would satisfy my wants and needsa it would be a win win.

If they dont light the road then looks dont mean ****. I would rather see then look good. After all looking goo just means they hit you faster when they are starign at your head lights lol

Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

that is also in part why i hate the head lights i have now they are almost usless here with fog. Was hoping that they would cut threw it better

Also looks were part of it to but not as big of a issue as seeing the road.
the added benny would be getting the DLR's to look better then they do stock.

etheir way i will have to figure somethign out I have heard the supper brites arent much better and the HID right now it out of the question after the decals issue. i dont see the boss letting me spend that much with out me hearing of it at least for a week LOL

So i figured if i could make somethign that would satisfy my wants and needsa it would be a win win.

If they dont light the road then looks dont mean ****. I would rather see then look good. After all looking goo just means they hit you faster when they are starign at your head lights lol
LOL

I'd say get some Silverstars and do the 9005-9006 conversion...........and save up for HID's