General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Thank You Whites

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry Thank You Whites

Hello all, Its been a while since ive posted. Well it been an eventful few months starting with my father getting the swine flu and an infection in his hip keeping him from work. That sucked. About a week after that a fatass friend of a friend thought it would be cool to try to slide across my hood. Instead he just ran into my fender putting a good size dent in it. I was so pissed! And a good afternoon of body work I removed it the best I could but I still will wind up takin it to a pro in spring.
Then in early december along with two weeks of below zero temps my tranny started actin up. So i spent another afternoon changing my ATF and filter and gasket and inspected my tranny. However i found nothing wrong with it, just a few shavings. So I finished up there put it a new filter gasket etc. And that seemed to do the trick.
A few weeks later I got my brakes done to the tune of $300. Later that night while cruising i noticed a tremendous lack of power which set my Check Engine light flashing. But the next day it seemed to be just fine. A week later it happened again and the light stuck on so I got it check as soon as I could and the reading came up "Misfire in Cylinder one". Awesome now I know what the problem is. However on the way home i noticed my tranny shifting funny and I was struggeling to climb up hills, at its worst, my topspeed all I could reach was 50mph. Not wanting to screw with it to much I decided I'll let my wallet take another hit so I took it to a local mechanic whos a friend of the family and he was sure it was my sparkplugs. He went through checked em all and even changed my fuel filter for me for free. My plugs were all good nothing was wrong. He did a search on my cars symptoms and found the Extended Warrenty on 01 02 Monte Carlos Grand Prixs etc. on the Catalytic converter having the endcone break off and blocking the first catalyst brick.
All the symptoms were there so I took it to my chevy dealer Whites Mtn Motors (hate dealing with them) where they told me they would call me at around noon to let me know what they came up with. Noon came and went and still nothing from Whites. I got a ride down there around five and they confirmed it was my Cat and that it was covered ny warrenty but it was gonna take TWO WEEKS to order a replacement. Two weeks came and still not a word. I go down again and they tell me they got the parts the other day but they havent gotten to it. I tell the guy at the counter I need my car done ASAP! He then puts my car on "priority" and itll be done tomorrow. I call up the next day after not recieving a call about my car again and FINALY they tell me its done.
I pick my car up happy to finaly have it back and WOW driving it around I felt like I gained a bunch more HP with that new Cat. I stop to fill up and look down at my Hi Sport Ground effects. My side skirts are DAMAGED from the lift they put it on! Oy thank you Whites! So I guess my new project is removing my ground effects (how hard is that BTW?) but yeah thats been my life the past few months. Hows everyone else been?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM

lol, your posts look like mine, long and drug out. I like it. Sorry about your father and your monte. if you car got messed up by the dealer i would show them. they should have insurance for that, unless you signed something waived it. at least, if its bad, there body shop dept. should fix it for free. i hate taking my car to the dealer. the only reason i do is cause its free. most of the time they fix one thing and break something else.

general words for thought. ALWAYS take your time and read the forms that you sign, no matter what its for and if you have to or not.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 PM

Wow that sucks. Like above poster said, i would have busted an illegal u-turn, burnout, and pulled up that dealer with me half way through the windows hollering all types of swears... lol.

but yeah take it back and show them... its their responsibility.