General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

strange encounter

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM
1 Year Member
Default strange encounter

Hey everyone, so I was on my way home from work and I was going up to Lowe's foods to get some milk and from my work to the Lowe's foods is about a 10 to 15 minute drive depending on if I make it through traffic lights or not. Well as I pulled out of my work I noticed a cop pull in behind me which really is not that strange, being in a fairly large town/city there are a decent amount of cops out now and again. Well on the way to the Lowe's foods I noticed he was still behind me, which at this point having a cop follow you for 5 minutes or so is kind of nerve wrecking even when you know you aren't doing anything wrong. I was just making sure I was driving perfect lol. When I pulled into the Lowe's foods and saw him turn in with me I kinda thought I may be in trouble or something, I was thinking maybe my tail light was out. After I parked he pulled up next to me an told me I had an absolutely gorgeous car. I told him I appreciated it and I told him he had a nice one as well, he had the charger, we both laughed and then he went on his way. After he left I think I had the biggest sigh of relief I think I have ever had haha. Has anyone else had an encounter like this where someone followed you just to tell you that you had a nice car?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol i had a trooper follow me into the parking lot of my vo-tech school a few years back, i parked in a space and he stopped in front of my car, rolled the window down and said "hey you, come here" and i'm like "oh god what did i do wrong" lol. so i get up to his window and he's like "you got a headlight out, just figured i'd let you know. nice car" lol so i thanked him and went in for lunch

Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

I had a st.louis city cop follow me to the parking lot at work it was 3am in the morning only to tell me he don't get to see old hot rods on his shift.
Say's do I mind if he checks it out.. He turned his spot light on an looked it all over then said thank's an left..I was driving my 1940 Chevy..

Old 09-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had a pair of Sherifs pull up next to me at a stop light. Gave me a said some thing but I couldn't hear it over the sound of my monte.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Talking "Live in Peace & EnJoy"

Hi iMuf & thanks for sharing your encounter & creating activity on the MCF I enjoyed reading yours & member's posts.

My family & I have strange encounters every time we get out & explore planet `earth....We don't understand why everyone can't live in peace ?

We just came to`Earth to purchase the human Chevy Monte Carlo space ship transporter's for our planet...
"We Come in Peace"

..Yes, unwind after the Human `Race until it `Ends when you blow each other `up!
If you can't get along with other human's on your planet & live in peace,
How could get ever get along with others from outer `space ?

Last edited by Space; 09-12-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

A week or so after getting the window tint on my 06, I was pulled off in a lot taking some pictures of the car and a city cop rolls by down the road. Not even two minutes later, he rolls by again, turns into the lot I was in and slowly rolls up behind and next to me and stops. Now, my windows were rolled up and the tint was so obvious so I figured he was going to be a douche about it and write me up for the tint. So, I look over at him and he yells "that's a really nice car you got there, looks great" and I responded with a "thanks" and we ended up talking for about five minutes.

Late last year, Ann Arbor Police caught me with the windows up, followed me into a parking lot and stopped me. I was approached by two officers, one on each side of the car. The officer gave the same old window tint spiel but was cool about it and told me the car looked very nice and all. I'm certain they were profiling as he just gave me a warning for it.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:53 AM

While I was driving back on post, I had to go through one of the installation's gates and I had to stop and show I.D. The police civilian or military will stop folks to check their cars. One guy gave my car a lengthy look around and he asked me what year it was. I told him and he was shocked that a 2006 Monte could look so nice.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

can't say i've ever had a cop stop me to say something, but i've had quite a few kids say something about my "race car". never gets old