General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Found my Dale Jr. that I traded in in August.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Found my Dale Jr. that I traded in in August.

As some of you know, I traded in my Dale Jr. back in August on a new Mustang GT. I knew the dealer didn't keep the car but never knew what happened to it. I was bored and did a VIN google search and it pulled up the car where it was for sale at. A used car lot nearby has it and it has less than 100 miles on it from the time I traded it in. They are asking $10,980 for the car. I doubt they get it.

I called and talked to a sales guy and told him I was the previous owner and that if anyone was thinking about buying it, they could call me and I could tell them everything I had done to it. I also told them I had the original wheels and exhaust still as well as some other Dale Jr. specific parts. He didn't realize that the car didn't have the original wheels and asked me how much I wanted for them. He also didn't know if the dealer had given them the COA or the front license plate cover. He was going to check with the owner.

I had some mixed feelings about seeing the pictures of the car. It did make me miss it and kind of wish I still had it. The salesman said he would be glad to sell it back to me. I already have too many vehicles so that is a no go and I can't afford it right now anyway.

Wayne

Old 12-19-2013, 03:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If it was me... I'd be embarrassed to own drive a ford product.

I would trade in the rustang and get it back..
But hey,
That's just me!

Old 12-19-2013, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
If it was me... I'd be embarrassed to own drive a ford product.

I would trade in the rustang and get it back..
But hey,
That's just me!

No way would I give them what they are asking for it or even close. I gave $8,500 for it back in Dec. 09 with 87,800 miles on it. I've seen cars like mine on the local CL with approx. 80,000 miles for $7,500 and the cars took forever to sell if they even did.

Wayne

Old 12-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Hi 'Wayne,
I really like your Mustang Post a Pic of your GT 'if U have one ? > Thanks

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-19-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 70monte1
No way would I give them what they are asking for it or even close. I gave $8,500 for it back in Dec. 09 with 87,800 miles on it. I've seen cars like mine on the local CL with approx. 80,000 miles for $7,500 and the cars took forever to sell if they even did.

Wayne
Wayne:
I'm just messn with ya....

I was raised knee high on a 58 impala and have owned, purchased worked on and raced Chevrolets my whole lifetime... (I was born with a Chevrolet bowtie printed/tattooed on my heart)....

I've know a few guys in my lifetime that have some good success with owning a "Blue Oval" product..
I just never under stood the the Blue Oval design to represent a ford?

Best I can figure out...
The center of the design (the color Blue) Must represent the state of mind owning a ford.. (I really don't like feeling "Blue") or dealing with there reoccurring issues/problems........
Then there is that the "Oval"..
To me it represents .... (Its a "viscious" circle....) Meaning: regardless what you expect from it... You always end up back where you started with a ford/dealership. Kinda like a problem child...it never really stops being that "problem" child... round and round and round and around... Sorta like a Migraine headache... Am I close?

Now,
The Chevrolet Bowtie.... Now there's something to be proud of!
You can wear a bowtie with a Tuxedo for instance..

(Never seen anyone wear a blue oval with a Tuxedo) Have you? (Didn't think so...Me either)

It represents being able to travel in any direction possible with all of its tangent designed lines..
The possibilities are endless in any form you wish to use a Chevrolet for... DD, Racing, Show and Go.. or leisurely drive thru the country side for visiting Grand parents in the countryside.. Baseball, Apple Pie, Chevrolet.. Makes a lot more sense to me...

See the U.S.A. in a Chevrolet...
I think that was once Chevrolets beginning to a Great Jingle to promote Chevrolet...Right?

Anyway Wayne....
Its nothing personal... Just my Opinion...

Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 PM

LoL Mod 'David, I think you changed your mind after you seen those beautiful GT pic's I posted > LOL >

I love that color >gray

I like the Mustangs & the Camaro's, but I haven't driven any late model ones. I hope 2 someday...
We have many member's with Mustang's..

Maybe the Forum will have to change it's name to the Monte/Mustang Forum > What ? > LOL

Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 PM

Believe me, I love Chevrolet and have five other vehicles that are all Chevrolet. One is my 1970 Monte Carlo that I've had since 1987 and the other is my 1998 Chevy Z71 truck that I bought new in 98. This is my second Ford vehicle and may be my last since I have a small issue with the car that they won't warranty since they say it somehow got damaged and is not a defect. I have not damaged it and it's gotten worse with this cold weather.

I will say though that my Chevrolets have not been trouble free. My 98 Z71 is on it's fourth intake manifold gasket in only 126,000 miles and had to have the pinion and carrier bearings in the rearend replaced at 75,000 miles and this was on a truck that has hardly towed or hauled anything. Both of my 92 Cavaliers seemed to like to eat ignition control modules there for awhile. All vehicles have issues and it's just the luck of the draw if you get one that doesn't.

When my fiancée bought her 2007 Mustang GT in 2010, I really learned to like the car and loved how it looked and is why I looked at them when I was looking for a V8 performance car.

Here are a couple of latest pictures of the car as well as a picture of the radio cover screen which has messed up that they won't warranty.

Name:  226_zps3d9682d4.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  161.0 KB
Name:  225_zps6081e1b2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  140.5 KB
Name:  004_zps5de62c7a.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  90.2 KB

Wayne

Last edited by 70monte1; 12-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

need more pics of the red cavalier.. drooling. i love the new 2014 mud stain front end looks.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:42 AM

Hi 'Wayne,
Thanks for posting/sharing your pictures of your awesome Mustang 5.0 >
Name:  226_zps3d9682d4.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  161.0 KB
'Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one, but some just
stink more then others > LOL

I'm just thankful that we have so many choices out there
to choose a vehicle that we like (love) and can afford.

'North America >What a great country >North America

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by nemesis
need more pics of the red cavalier.. drooling. i love the new 2014 mud stain front end looks.

I agree that the 2013,14 front end looks good. Here are a couple of pictures of the Cavalier and a little back ground on the car.

I bought it wrecked in 2006 with 76,600 original miles on it. I originally bought it as a parts car for my other 92 Cavalier that a friend from work had given me with a blown engine. I had just gotten the other car on the road with a junkyard engine when I saw this one.

It had been hit from the passenger side in the very front so it basically sheared off the front bumper, grill, headlights, bent the hood all up, dented in the passenger side fender, and bent the radiator core support.

The rest of the car looked almost new. It had new tires on it and the interior looked like new. When we finally got the hood up, the engine compartment looked like new with no dirt anywhere.

They wanted $500 for it which I felt was too high but they wouldn't come down so I bought it anyway. It was drivable because my fiancée took it for a drive. The AC still blew ice cold.

Just for the heck of it, we took it to a frame shop to see if the unibody could be straightened and the guy said he could do it for $225 so we left the car there. I knew where there was a cavalier in the JY with a red front clip so I went and bought the entire clip for $250. It was missing the grill and headlights but my fiancée's mom's neighbor had a 91 cavalier sitting in his backyard that didn't run and he sold me the entire car for $50 so I got the headlights and grill off of it. I stripped a bunch of parts off of it and sold the rest to the JY for $150. I installed the new front clip and for about $1,000 had a new daily driver.

I later found out that the title was no good because the car had been totaled in the accident so I had to jump through a few hoops to get it titled and registered but it worked out.

Car is a 92 RS model with a 2.2L/automatic. It has tilt wheel, cruise, fold down back seats, carpeted trunk, cargo net, radio with cassette deck, and reading lamp. I added a strut tower brace from a 94 Z24 cavalier, an instrument cluster with a tach, full gauges from another z24, and a remote trunk opener. Car currently has 191,400 miles on it and still runs great and gets 28-31 mpg depending on the time of year and where I get gas.

My other 92 cavalier that my fiancée drives is a base model car with the 2.2L/5 speed manual. It's pretty rusty and not in very good shape but she has been driving it since 2006 and has put about 120,000 miles on that JY engine. I don't have pictures of it because she has it at work but it's red also.
Name:  011_zpsa16ee465.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  010_zps1fea4517.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  112.8 KB

Wayne

Quick Reply: Found my Dale Jr. that I traded in in August.