General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

STB Polishing and how you can make a lid for your K&N

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Yup, just sits there

It's a tight enough fit under the cross brace that it doesn't go anywhere Made it a 4 hour drive from Wisconsin to Ames, IA with no issues and didn't move at all
ahh i see!
well i already removed my crappy shield and went back to stock lol
stock engine cover too

Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
ahh i see!
well i already removed my crappy shield and went back to stock lol
stock engine cover too
Why's that? LOL

Old 06-12-2012, 09:42 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Why's that? LOL
well my intake was just ugly :p and i removed my painted cover so it doesnt get old

Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 AM

3 Year Member

Oh good call, I'd hate to see any damage occur to that awesome engine cover. What was ugly about the intake lol? Didn't you have the K&N on there?

Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Oh good call, I'd hate to see any damage occur to that awesome engine cover. What was ugly about the intake lol? Didn't you have the K&N on there?
it was just a K&N shield but the tube consisted of an aluminum pipe in two pieces and i had sprayed it with bedliner :p oh and a spectre filter lol

Old 06-12-2012, 10:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm pretty sure with a sealed box you shouldn't see more than 10* above ambient.

My temp readings were city driving, stop and go, 40-45 mph tops.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 PM

Looks great!!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 AM

my nieghbor and i did a read out on his he has a temp read out on his intake from wizzard. he took off the top and we went and wanted to see if there is a change in performance. there was the reading was a lot higher than what it was when the lid was on i think it was also sucking in engine heat as well not sure. i know we put on heat wrap on the bottom of it as well as on the out side of it to help keep incoming air a little normal going into the engine he wraped his intake tube as well noticed well nothing but i think he was trying to keep the incoming air cooler going to the throtlebody then the usual warmer air during florida heat and and engine heat combo.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

man i wanna learn how to polish the fender supports that would look awesome on turbo monte!

Old 06-13-2012, 05:00 PM

3 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm pretty sure with a sealed box you shouldn't see more than 10* above ambient.

My temp readings were city driving, stop and go, 40-45 mph tops.
Gotcha

Originally Posted by 04LaVaSS
Looks great!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by monte07
my nieghbor and i did a read out on his he has a temp read out on his intake from wizzard. he took off the top and we went and wanted to see if there is a change in performance. there was the reading was a lot higher than what it was when the lid was on i think it was also sucking in engine heat as well not sure. i know we put on heat wrap on the bottom of it as well as on the out side of it to help keep incoming air a little normal going into the engine he wraped his intake tube as well noticed well nothing but i think he was trying to keep the incoming air cooler going to the throtlebody then the usual warmer air during florida heat and and engine heat combo.
Yeah removing the lid would def. make the temps higher. Just wondering if you have any confirmation of temps staying within 10 degrees of actual outside temp while running/driving/fast and slow/etc. With just the stock sealed Wizaired and lid on/complete.

Originally Posted by turbo monte
man i wanna learn how to polish the fender supports that would look awesome on turbo monte!
Yeah, polished items tend to attract a lot of attention. That's what I like about having no chrome/polish on the outisde. Probably not expected to have so much under the hood haha. And people always like to check themselves out in all of the chrome

Quick Reply: STB Polishing and how you can make a lid for your K&N