General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Spring 2011 Mod Plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Since moving is about over and there are fewer home repair items on my weekend to-do list I will get back on the car projects. Over the winter I have had the trans fluid changed, the coolant changed and several oil changes. Got new tires nothing special - Michelin Primacy for ride and mileage. Replaced headlight bulbs with Sylvania Silverstars. Replaced one Silverstar that went out after 5 months (grrrr)

Couple of sound system items -
o - Reroute 4 gauge to trunk, it's currently in the rocker panel and the radio picks up noise on the right side.
o - Get the replacement radio from ePay programmed so I can play CDs finally. Original will not load CDs.

Shiny shiny
o - polish the rims. They are polished alloys, no chrome, no clear coat. Anyone know what's good?

Roadwarrior mobile office continuation
o - mount AC inverter in trunk.

Just for fun
o - intake or output. Replacing stock exhaust could be a few more fixes than just swapping pipes, the rear bumper cover is slightly damaged and would be kewl to replace it with a LTZ cover or other cover with twin pipe cuts.

Sharing
o - Post the completed ham radio install pictures on the site.

Later in the year
o - Brakes probably. Would round out my plans to have all safety related mechanicals replaced whether they are needed or not. I notice that my rims are not all covered in brake dust and want to keep them that way. Wondering what the pads are, they grab ok. I had ceramics on a 280Z years ago and they sometimes felt like metal to metal.

And lube the sunroof - the sun is shining here in Cali!

Last edited by Barovelli; 02-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.