General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2013 Spring Monte Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2013 Spring Monte Plans

Well, spring is approaching. Thought I'd give everyone a peak at some of what I've been planning for the Monte this spring:

- Replace the A/C condenser so hopefully the Monte will have fully working A/C again!
- Install DIC (Driver Information Center) into the Monte (thanks to the write up I found that BBEngineer did, should be a snap).
- Upgrade my UIM to a L26 UIM (and get this, GM has TWO different L26 UIMs). This also means modding a different L67 throttle body (my current one has and outlet more appropriate to the L36 UIM). And I will add stainless LIM/UIM bolts I got from http://www.alloyboltz.com
- Paint my fuel rails red during the UIM swap.
- Swap my exhaust tips for a set of Magnaflow tips.
- Use my DHP PowrTuner to adjust my transmission settings (PCMforLess tuned it originally via mail order and it's great, but I have to admit, after I had a ride in Chibi's Monte last summer, mine needs some tweaks and now I can do more about it with the DHP). I built an offboard harness (allows me to read/write to a PCM without it being in the car). I've been tinkering with it here and there.

I hope to have these done before going to Carlisle this year, but it's hard to say.

Attached are some pics of some from showing a little of what I've been up to thus far.
Since the Monte is stored under cover, outside, I can prep projects to execute when we get nicer weather. One project ready to go is the DIC. I used the wiring harness from the car I got the DIC from and created a T-harness. Goes inline with the original factory harness, NO splicing required. If it works as planned, install should be fairly easy. Find out in the spring.
I'm still working on the UIM (takes time to clean it up and give it a "brushed" look). Can't paint anything until better weather.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Spring Monte Plans-img_6938.jpg   2013 Spring Monte Plans-img_6939.jpg   2013 Spring Monte Plans-img_6875.jpg   2013 Spring Monte Plans-img_6818.jpg