General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Default RE: speedometer

ORIGINAL: warpath

i took the car in today, they told me the odometer was out of calibration
I guess that ends the debate on if those markers are accurate!

It's cool that they extended your warranty too!

Old 07-01-2005, 04:43 PM

kool glad to hear they exte3nded the warrenty makes me wonder how far mine is off but i think i have it recalabrated niw to a point LOL

it seems to be matching up better but im still adding it to the list for them to check it out.
Also the other day my tranny is feeling like it is trying to start to slip when it hits 3 gear it is good but then shfits in to 4th and feels like you go kicked in the *** .no matter what speed your at . kind of weird never has done this b4 . So after they get done at the body shop and i get home from this weekedn i will be making a apot. for it.

yippie i lose it for another week to find out they havent done anythign to it other then look at it and take it for lunch LOL
last time they had it all day long and didnt do a damed thign to the car other then the recall.

also found brown crap in the rad this morrnign when looking at it for this trip checking all the fluids. So i am goign to get that crap changed out of my car ASAP. i dont need any leaks.
looks liek i will lose my car for a month If this keeps up LOL

Old 07-01-2005, 06:58 PM

oh man that tranny crap is scary, i hope you got a honest dealer.

Old 07-03-2005, 08:36 PM

hey me tow but after to day it seems to have gotten better agian so i think im going to un plug the neg vcabel and force the computer to relearn sdee if it will help it. if not then off to teh Dr. For it LOL

Old 07-04-2005, 01:43 AM

i know this is vage but i heard somewhere if you have onstar you have to do something
before taking off the neg.cable,i really don't remember where i heard this,may want to
call dealer and as first,just a thought

Old 07-04-2005, 06:35 AM

i dont have on star but i have heard you have to disabel it when you undo the neg. cabel also.

this acually gripes me on the GM's and some of the others to Why would you make it so hard to change a bat. out of a car in fear your going to have the stuff lock up or get fried when you have to take the bat out. most of the time it is due to it being old or shot and or you end up jumpstarting the car just wish they would have thought that one out a bit more. ground it off some where besides a direct ground to the bat.

I relise it is a great place but there are others on the car. LOL
My 02.worth on this one
thanks warpath for the reminder for those with onstar

Old 07-04-2005, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i dont have on star but i have heard you have to disabel it when you undo the neg. cabel also.

this acually gripes me on the GM's and some of the others to Why would you make it so hard to change a bat. out of a car in fear your going to have the stuff lock up or get fried when you have to take the bat out. most of the time it is due to it being old or shot and or you end up jumpstarting the car just wish they would have thought that one out a bit more. ground it off some where besides a direct ground to the bat.

I relise it is a great place but there are others on the car. LOL
My 02.worth on this one
thanks warpath for the reminder for those with onstar
i agree mickey.
seems every year they put something on a car that keeps the owner from working on it himself
even the smallest things like changing a battery,it wouldn't suprise me that sometime in the near future just openning the hood will void the warrenty

Old 07-04-2005, 06:26 PM

i would not have a warnty after the first tank full of gas then LOL
I check my oil at every fill.

but i agree that it is getting that ridiculas for some things.

Oh well this is more then likly the last car i will be buying new anyway unles sthe retro Camaro comes out i dont see me trying to go to the dealer for somethign else right away.

I did see a ad here in the mag azine that they gave us at the swap meet that GM has a retro Suburban comming out called the HHR i belive it was for what littel i can read of German.

But it is based on the response of the SSr and i think it mentions something abotu that plat fourm Kind of looks like the old woody's but not with the wood on it.
Interasting i guess. but not the camaro or the chevell

Old 07-05-2005, 01:36 AM

do you have a pic of it ?

Old 07-05-2005, 03:47 AM

it was in the in the mag called chrome&flamen
mag here is thier site www.C-u-f.de
it was the march issue they gave us
better yet here is a web site on it http://www.chevrolet.com/hhr06/
looks like it is coming out in 06 is what they are saying but i dont know if you punch it in to googel someone has test drove it already to so who knows

Quick Reply: speedometer