General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

speedometer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Default RE: speedometer

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I would whip out the ole tape measure. Now you have my curiosity up. It is and could be highly possible for one or the other to be off.

TVW
LMAO, that's alot of measuring!

The odometer could very well be off, but before attempting to do anything about it I think it would be wise to be armed with something more than "it turns before the mile markers on the freeway" And if you don't plan on doing anything about it then what's the point? This is directed to warpath
04 i thought this was an open forum, tvanwinkehome has every right to reply to any
discussion he wants, matter of fact i think i'll let others get in on this before i post again
i need to take a break from being down to your level,not use to being this low this long.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: warpath

04 i thought this was an open forum, tvanwinkehome has every right to reply to any
discussion he wants, matter of fact i think i'll let others get in on this before i post again
i need to take a break from being down to your level,not use to being this low this long.
[sm=shutup.gif]

Who said he couldn't respond? I sure didn't. I can only assume that you came to this conclusion from my statement "And if you don't plan on doing anything about it then what's the point?", which is immediately followed by "This is directed to warpath". What part of that did you not understand? And how did you figure that I was even almost insenuating that TVW had no right to respond? You need to leave that pipe alone dude, for real!

Old 06-29-2005, 08:52 PM

Granatelli GranSpeedo Speedometer Calibration Software
Speedometer Recalibration Unit, Electronic, GM, Each
there ya go this will help you find out for sur eif it is right or wrong it is not to bad on price etheir. 140.00 pluse the lap top if you dont have one or cant get the desk top to the shop lol

anyway it is on summit if you look for it just cut and past it in to the serch area should find it for ya

Old 06-30-2005, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

Granatelli GranSpeedo Speedometer Calibration Software
Speedometer Recalibration Unit, Electronic, GM, Each
there ya go this will help you find out for sur eif it is right or wrong it is not to bad on price etheir. 140.00 pluse the lap top if you dont have one or cant get the desk top to the shop lol

anyway it is on summit if you look for it just cut and past it in to the serch area should find it for ya
i have an app.with the dealer tomorrow,they said they have had to recal a couple of monty's
something about the gear being put in the cable or something,
they seemed to know what i was talking about just as soon as i ask them about it.
but thanks for the help

Old 06-30-2005, 05:49 AM

kool let me know what they say might take mine in to seems i have racked up some miles i dont remeber drivign LOL

im sitting at 18000 right now and havent drove it that much when you add up the tank fills on it. (the millege per gal.) i have records of when i filled it since i have owned it and it would not match even if i were getting 12 miles to the gallon on the hwy.

but i dont think my sppedo was right before i took the needels off i think it closer now then it has ever been LOL
tested with Gps and it is dead on to it for 60 miles straight.
b4 it was always off by a few mph one way or the other. I might have more warrentt then i thought LOL
Kool

Old 06-30-2005, 06:51 AM

will do

Old 07-01-2005, 02:29 AM

kool let me know what they say might take mine in to seems i have racked up some miles i dont remeber drivign LOL

im sitting at 18000 right now and havent drove it that much when you add up the tank fills on it. (the millege per gal.) i have records of when i filled it since i have owned it and it would not match even if i were getting 12 miles to the gallon on the hwy.

but i dont think my sppedo was right before i took the needels off i think it closer now then it has ever been LOL
b4 it was always off by a few mph one way or the other. I might have more warrentt then i thought LOL
Kool
i took the car in today, they told me the odometer was out of calibration,they recalibraded
they didn't say why is was out but it looks like they fixed it i took it out on the same road,reset the trip to 0 and it was right on with the mile marker's now i see what kind of effect if any it had on my mpg that it was showing it was getting. but at least i know my milage will be right now.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: warpath

Kool
i took the car in today, they told me the odometer was out of calibration,they recalibraded
they didn't say why is was out but it looks like they fixed it i took it out on the same road,reset the trip to 0 and it was right on with the mile marker's now i see what kind of effect if any it had on my mpg that it was showing it was getting. but at least i know my milage will be right now.
I'll be........ Your assumption was dead on.... Did they have any idea how far it was off and how many extra miles were added to your car? Looks like I am going to have to check my Monte out against the mile marker test. Nice find David!!

TVW

Old 07-01-2005, 11:12 AM

how did they credit your milege back to you for your warrenty or did they?
wonder how that will work for them .

i will have to add this to the list of stuff i have to take mine in for now LOL

Old 07-01-2005, 02:05 PM

how did they credit your milege back to you for your warrenty or did they?
wonder how that will work for them .

i will have to add this to the list of stuff i have to take mine in for now LOL
oh ya, i did forget that part didn't i, well they said they couldn't do anything about
the factory warrenty but they noted it on there service computer,in case something comes
up right at that 36-36 warrenty, and cancelled my 5 yr ext.warrenty and gave me a
6 yr ext.warrenty at no charge. so all i guess things turned out ok, just glad those mile markers
are on the interstates or i would have never caught it.

it was about 3 10th of so i guess that would be for every 10 miles driven it would show
13 ,which over a period of time would add up a lot of undriven milage.

Quick Reply: speedometer