General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Someone hit my monte last night grrrr

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 03:47 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Someone hit my monte last night grrrr

Stupid drunk kid hit her. Now I have to hunt him down.....

Attached Thumbnails Someone hit my monte last night grrrr-20140601_125852.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 PM

I don't know why the pic is upside down....but ok. I did find the kid and got his info. So tomorrow I deal with insurance companies....

Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Glad you found the person who did it, others generally aren't so lucky. Good luck getting it fixed.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

That sucks that person hit you. At least you found them and now they have to pay to get it fixed.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you haven't done so, I would also get a police report.

That sucks! I know how it feels (unfortunately, the guy who hit-n-run on me was never found, I got stuck paying my deductible). I wish people took responsibility for there actions.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly to get it repaired.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:33 AM

im not bothering with police report since i found the kid and spoke with him. ive been down the road with police reports on a hit and run and it didnt get me ANYWHERE. talked to his insurance company this morning. now for the phone call from the adjuster to come out and see the car. the kid is only 21 and has never had a claim before (ive been in the same boat) so they will be contacting him to verify he did it im sure. maybe scold him for not turning it in. he knew he couldnt avoid it....his friend that had the picnic where he hit my car...is a constable. he just figured that if it was a big deal he would be contacted one way or another. he told me he was more worried about hitting the mustang he parked beside (figuring it would be more costly).... we explained montes are more expensive to fix. nimrod. he appologized over and over and i told him hes lucky i havent had my custom paint job done yet. now for the waiting...

Old 06-02-2014, 08:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Some insurance companies require a police report (hence why I mentioned that). Also police may cite him for leaving the scene of an accident. Plus he may try to say he didn't do it (regardless of damage on your car and his). Plus the longer the wait the bigger chance he can hide the damage.

In this case, sounds like things are working out. But a police report is just CYA so he doesn't hide from it or try to turn the tables.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

that sux!!

Old 06-02-2014, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Some insurance companies require a police report (hence why I mentioned that). Also police may cite him for leaving the scene of an accident. Plus he may try to say he didn't do it (regardless of damage on your car and his). Plus the longer the wait the bigger chance he can hide the damage.

In this case, sounds like things are working out. But a police report is just CYA so he doesn't hide from it or try to turn the tables.
my last hit and run i got a police report because it was just some random guy that stopped his car in the middle of the road and opened his door onto my car.pretty sure he was drunk. beings that this was one of my aunts bf's friends, i gave him the chance to come forward first. if he would have denied it i would have went to the police, then to my insurance company to handle the repairs and let them go after him for the cost. the damage appraiser will be here thursday morning 8 am sharp.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your monte, that is never a good thing. Glad you found the guy though.

I'm going to second Jason's advice of getting a police report. If there is one thing I have learned over the years from watching Judge Judy, you need a police report in case the guy tries to say he didn't do it. I know it's hard to believe but there are people in this world that sometimes, tend to lie at times.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my monte last night grrrr