General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Should I buy??? Getting discouraged

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 AM

When you find the perfect car JUMP on it! Other than that ur just wasting time and gas $$$$$. I'm not so fussy @ this point in time so for me it's easy but when ur willing to pay for EXACTLY what U want U may have to just wait it out a bit.
B Cool (in the new ride)
Mouse

Old 03-24-2012, 02:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree, don't buy it if your not 100% happy. Having cash to put down is a good thing. If you put 4000 down on that 7000 dollar car and finance 3000 for 3 years you would have a pretty low payment. Even with a high interest rate you could probably get the payment under 100 or 120 dollars. Then put the 800 on your insurance but continue to make monthly payments on it to have a little extra built up. I say go for it.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
You gathered it correctly I went to the dealership today before work because I saw an ad in the paper its a white 2003 SS with white sport kit and nascar spoiler looks very good they was $7000 we sat down crunched numbers and I took it for a test drive I would love to get it and be happy with it but I would have to take out the loan then my mother would be pissed and id have to deal with all that. Im suppose to look at the grand prix tomorrow so we will see what happens.

Grand Prixs are nice cars, I'm not a huge fan of the newer one since I'm more of a coupe guy then a sedan guy but both generations are very nice cars.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

In my opinion.......I'd wait for the "right one" to come along...why settle for 2nd best? Thats like taken 1 for the team strategy...like going to the bar with your buds and taken the "ugly" chick !!!..So your buds can have the good ones...

Dont get all pent up over whats in front of you....

You know what they say:
"Good things come to those who wait."

Take your time....I have faith the right 1 is soon to be yours!
Keep an open mind....

Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would just keep looking if it isn't your favorite. Not to mention its tax season, making it pretty hard to find cheap cars.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:06 PM

Went looking after work and found one you might like. Its a burgundy 2004 monte carlo ss. Gold pintrsiping and tan leather. 80k miles $7,600. If you are interested I will talk with the guy and see If I can get you 2 connected it is south of Arnold, mo by about 35 min. Saw you went to Arnold so I thought I would do some looking cus thats were I work.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 PM

Black one with the HS looks pretty nice!

Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I'd say wait for the right one. May take some time but if you can hold off I'm sure you'll find the right one for the right price I wouldn't buy unless you're for sure going to be happy in it

Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM

First off I want to thank you all for your kind words and advice honestly this has been a tough time for me because of school and everything that's going on.

I didn't end up looking at the Grand Prix yesterday because WHILE i was test driving the White monte carlo they texted me and said they were not getting the truck anymore and they wont sell they Grand Prix so that eliminates that. Maybe thats a sign that a Monte is right for me.:p

I know I want the white monte really bad and usually I dont like white cars i love black but this one is different!! I posted some picture of it so you all can see it. It just doesn't have sunroof but the HS kit and spoiler make up for that I think.

Only car I know I want is a Monte Carlo SS or a CTS (which is what Ill buy later on in life) I go back and worth with the pros and cons of me getting a loan for the car and how im still in school I should just get a cheap Camry but ill be unhappy, I even think about getting Amy's 05 Supercharged Monte .

Im trying to be patient but it sucks having to get rides to work because my girlfriend has her car or walking all way to work. I just want to do the right thing and have no regrets I wish I was one of those "long as it gets me from point A to point B I dont care how it looks" but unfortunately I want to go to point C and D and look darn good doing it

Attached Thumbnails Should I buy??? Getting discouraged-whitemc.jpg   Should I buy??? Getting discouraged-whitemc2.jpg  
Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM

Don't be afraid to take out a small loan to get the right car. The white one looks nice and clean. Best of luck

Quick Reply: Should I buy??? Getting discouraged