General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

RWD Monte, very interesting, wish I had money and shop to do it!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RWD Monte, very interesting, wish I had money and shop to do it!!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 AM

Holy **** I thought I was either sleep still or high. That's dope! Can't say the same for donuts tho

Old 05-05-2013, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member

Car is Boss, guy can't drive though!! Thought he was going to plant it a few times, probably hasn't driven RWD before either, I grew up with them in the 70's, totally different feel!!

Old 05-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

guaranteed that car no longer exist. what an idiot!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member

Dig it, put all that time, money into something just to tear it up in front of morons!! I would cherish that monte...

Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That video has shown up before on MCF. I believe that guy is a member of MCF (he goes through long times of being inactive), but don't quote me. I know we have a member that has done a full RWD conversion, but he does not share much about what he did (this created a few annoyed posts from people that admired the car).

I recall at one point hearing that video was a situation that the tires were near done anyways, so the driver decided to have fun and finish the tires off before getting new ones and getting it on video. Personally, I don't feel it was safe to do those stunts with so many people around, take that safety issue out, I think it's neat seeing a 6th gen Monte do silly stuff I could do with an F-Body lol

I find it funny we've seen people in stock RWD cars (like F-bodies) do equally silly stuff and I don't think those guys get the negative comments I've seen in this thread. I guess it's a difference of "it came that way" vs "effort was done to make it this way". Don't get me wrong, I think the conversion to RWD is cool and I think it would be even better to see more picks and information about it (not to repeat it, just to learn what some one did.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member

I would definitely like more info on how it was done, have some friends that are very handy with cars!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
That video has shown up before on MCF. I believe that guy is a member of MCF (he goes through long times of being inactive), but don't quote me. I know we have a member that has done a full RWD conversion, but he does not share much about what he did (this created a few annoyed posts from people that admired the car).
He is a member here (supposedly, he owns the car). 2000MonteCarloRwd is his name. But he'll never even show pictures, just a couple of YouTube videos that are out there, so most people think he may be faking considering he always offers to put up pictures, etc. if asked and never does.

Originally Posted by Warhorse
Car is Boss, guy can't drive though!! Thought he was going to plant it a few times, probably hasn't driven RWD before either, I grew up with them in the 70's, totally different feel!!
The member who says he owns the car says in that video he was having trans issues and had to sort of jerry rig it to work right, which I guess involved holding a wire for something...

Here's his post on it a while back:
As for buddy that said pathetically trying to do donuts.. Your right.. But, I was having transmission problems back then.. I dont put all the particulars on the internet.. Arizona TPI had shafted me on a computer so i had to manually ground the solenoids to achieve 1st gear.. I had dropped the wire at 1 point.
Originally Posted by Warhorse
I would definitely like more info on how it was done, have some friends that are very handy with cars!
You can read this thread to see where I got my answers from - he posted a bit in this thread about halfway down page 2.

CLICK ME

You can also see where some people began to think he's faking owning the car. The thread is locked though since it turned nasty towards the end.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

Too bad, would be one awesome build!! I love and miss RWD, sure, I have my 1965 Impala SS, but man, a RWD Monte....SICK!!!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM

ive spoken to him before, he owns the car or did at the time. he also had quite a few pics of it. he messaged me quite a while back, but i myself go through months of inactivity so i havent talked to him in a while. we discussed me sending mine out there to convert it(obviously a fantasy and unnecessary.)

Quick Reply: RWD Monte, very interesting, wish I had money and shop to do it!!