Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

LS1 RWD Conversion? Anyone else this crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 PM

thats the guy i was telling him to pm. hes a member on here. and it was doing donuts just fine with the 20" wheels. the car was certainly not lacking power with a 400hp ls6 in it. what it was lacking was gearing and a small tire. even with the 20s it was whipping donuts pretty good.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 PM

The guy I saw had an LS with stock wheels. How would you know who Im talking about?? I said the thing couldnt do doughnust and Im sure a 400hp ls6 was doing it dam good. Why would I lie about somthing like that? It would make me look ignorant and just plain stupid. I just dont see how you know who Im talking about, cause we both saw white cars?? Im not trying to be rude, I just dont want you thinking im talking sht about somone.
The guy I saw also had the 3400 in his.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 PM

Yeah uh, I just looked at that guys page and NO thats not who I was talking about, those arent even the same stock wheels. His car looked exactly the same as mine when it was stock, non-painted ground effects and "spider web" 16's.CORRECTION: he had bowties on his side views.
Not being rude at all here, but please make sure before making me look like a dik.
Also, Ive been looking for vids like this, so if you could send me the link, that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by wht02monte; 06-03-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:34 PM

ok simmer down. i just reread your post i didnt realize you were talking about some other white monte that was rwd but had a 3400 in it. the name of this thread is " LS1 RWD Conversion? Anyone else this crazy? " so i assumed you were speaking of a white monte with a lsx motor and a rwd conversion. i personally have not seen the car you speak of but would love to see the video of it. on the guy i was talking about he no longer has the video up. he took it off of youtube. so if you do a search on there or on this forum itll say the video has been removed. i havent spoken to him since november. last i did he was swapping a 6.0 with the ls6 cam and heads on it. the video and pics were removed because people were prying about how it was done when hes a fabricator and would do it for them for a fee. that and the flaming that went on on a couple of boards about how the car was driven in the videos. i was speaking to him about converting my 06. he said it would be about 8k up and running and driving me providing the car and drivetrain.
OP sorry for jacking your thread with this ridiculous back and forth.

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 06-06-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Im not getting mad or nothing, I just couldnt think of anyway else to say what I had to. And I just didnt want this guy you know to think I was ripping on his car or driving, its not even like this was even an argument, just a little mix up with what videos we saw no big deal. Like I said, I wasnt trying to get rude and by any means getting mad. But I definatly see how you thought I was talking about that being the cars both white and RWD. Whatever though, no problems on my end. Happy days.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 AM

Take a look at using a blazer frame assembly. The chevy blazer/s10 and the gmc jimmy/sonoma have a wheelbase only half an inch shorter than the w body chevy. There's a 5.7 liter conversion for those trucks and plenty of parts to put it on the ground. The aftermarket is huge. Beside mini tubs out back, you would only need to fab in a smaller brake boost and various small stuff like reinforcement. Rebuilding the rear end isn't hard either. I have a 97 monte carlo in my shop that's planting 500 horse out the rear on a blazer 4.3, th700r4, and custom build differential. Swapping in a camaro supercharged ls1 as we speak

Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This thread is 2 years old

Old 12-05-2012, 12:29 AM

I knew that. Just putting it out there cuz I had a bitch of a time figuring it out. Anyone else comesasking they can read it and have a few ideas. I'm not greedy with the info

Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 AM

HELLOOOO everyone!! I been away from here for many a moon.. Wassup MonteMan?!?.. If anyone needs anything clarified, feel free to reply on this thread.. I kinda figured this topic would never die. Thus the reason I built one.. I grew up drivin Irocs and TransAms but around 30yrs. of age... I couldnt do the climbing in and out thing anymore.. As for buddy that said pathetically trying to do donuts.. Your right.. But, I was having transmission problems back then.. I dont put all the particulars on the internet.. Arizona TPI had shafted me on a computer so i had to manually ground the solenoids to achieve 1st gear.. I had dropped the wire at 1 point. And as MonteMan said.. I have crap 2.73 gears.. combine that with a 29" tall tire.. And it gets pretty rough.. Ill tear you up on the freeway though!! My buddies all hate how i run rite with their 2011 Vetes and yes "Gaystangs" too on the highway..

Last edited by 2000MonteCarloRwd; 12-16-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:25 AM

There is a guy, I know him too.. On youtube with the Red 1996 Monte Carlo that rides on a G-body frame..

Quick Reply: LS1 RWD Conversion? Anyone else this crazy?