General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

LoL @ the aggressive
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL `JR, yes we are making posts, justto make you LOL : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Main Entry: agĀ·gresĀ·sive

Function: adjective
Pronunciation: &-'gre-siv[/i]
1 a : tending toward or exhibiting aggression <aggressive behavior[/i]>[/i] [/i]b : marked by combative readiness <an aggressive fighter[/i]>[/i] [/i]
2 a : marked by obtrusive energy[/i] [/i]b : marked by driving forceful energy : Like driving a Monte Carlo with your Fog lights `on.[/align][align=center]Now, that's AGGRESSIVE...[/align][align=center]Because if you see me behind you, you better move outa my way [/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Are you ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Main Entry: passive-aggressive
Function:
adjective
: being, marked by, or displaying behavior characterized by expression of negative feelings, resentment, and aggression in an unassertive passive way (as through procrastination and stubbornness: &[/align][align=center]refusing to turn on your fog lights ? LOL ~ LOL[/i]
LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center]I knowthere was really heavy `fog this morning when I got[/align][align=center]off work...I wish my skateboard had fogs : )[/align][align=center]2 each their own, but I like cars runn'in with their fog's on,[/align][align=center]especially on the Awesome Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out & I hope we can make more posts to get some laughs,[/align][align=center]for I rather laugh then `cry [X(]

[/align]

Old 02-03-2008, 12:07 PM

I don't need fogs/stripes/decals or anything on my Monte to look aggressive. When I pull up on someone they know it is aggressive without any of the add-ons. [/align][/align]Why change perfection? [/align][/align]If they were meant to be on then they would be on without havingtotoggle a switch. They are there to aid in adverse conditions and that's it. When it rains you turn on your lights andwipers.[/align][/align]When I see cars running with their fogs on outside of these conditions I don't think aggression I think "What a joke" Some state well I can see better at night with them on well then I think you should have you headlights checked or you eye examined because fogs are just annoying to other drivers in clear conditions. [/align][/align]Your say yourthinking of your own safety? What about those around you that you blind because you just think you want to look more aggressive? A lot of fogs are after market and are aimed to high.

This editorial is in no way a representation of this station or its affiliates
[/align]

Old 02-03-2008, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I come down the road, at night, I want all the light I can pour out of the front of the Monte. I want to look like a scene from "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind". Hopefully, after an adjustment period of being wired "Stock" ... I can have a couple of buttons to push that will fire-up my Fog Lights and have them flash to warn slowpokes to stay out of the passing lane unless they are passing like I am trying to do to them. Nothing that would be confused with Cop flashing lights ... more a European flashing to clear the road ahead of Road Hogs who won't pull over and let anybody get by. For those drivers that let traffic stack-up behind them; I'll pretend they are Death Rays or Laser Weapons and destroy them, clearing the way for those who are more swift and heavy footed with 60-degree V-6 power, Cruise Control, Fog Lights and new stickers!

Old 02-03-2008, 01:54 PM

[align=center]Member LnLSS06[/align][align=center]JR, that's a very aggressive post you made LOL ~ LOL.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We will have to agree to dis-agree.[/align][align=center]I just know that with some of the elderly drivers pulling right[/align][align=center]out in front of you..: ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I want to do everything I can do so they can see me : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My fogs (set by factory), & were aim'ed low & not in the eyes[/align][align=center]of on-coming traffic...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Watch `Out, Here comes `Space, and he has his[/align][align=center]aggressive eye blinding Fog Lights on...LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My next Mod + Bumper Sticker's[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Disclaimer: This post was influenced by the BeachRiver`Bum's : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry, We were suppose 2 be painting apt's 2day, but the[/align][align=center]owner didn't show up with the paint : ([/align][align=center]So, I'm here bugg'in the member's : )[/align]

Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member

Space:

You are just too creative. I don't know where you get all your art work ... but, I wish I could do it too.
As a matter of fact ... I wish I had the savvy to just post a photograph of my ride so I could ask Black Attack to make me a signature like the other great ones!

Old 02-03-2008, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member

I'll be getting a close-up look at how the Fog Lights mount, soon. While we were just outside walking the Westie, we saw a 2004 Black Monte SS in the street outside my neighbor's house. Come to find-out ... it's her Mother's Monte. Her mother has a SS! The mother tells me she thinks its better than a Caddie and she loves the ride. I asked i f I could take a close look at how the Fog Lights get mounted and she says YES!

So, that mystery will be solved and I'll be able to mount my aggressive lighting instruments without the guess-work. Good. I got a notice from FedEx Tracking that my Switch and Relay are shipped. Good. The Lights, themselves, have not arrived yet ... not good.

It's SuperBowl Sunday and I'm a Pat's Fan. Good.
Let's GO Pat's.
I wish I could flash my aggressive lights for them ... but, it's not time yet.

Pats: 30 Giants: 15 (Let's see how close I get!)

Old 02-03-2008, 05:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member

When I see cars running with their fogs on outside of these conditions I don't think aggression I think "What a joke" Some state well I can see better at night with them on well then I think you should have you headlights checked or you eye examined because fogs are just annoying to other drivers in clear conditions.

So you think I'm in the wrongwhen I come down the road with my normal 80 watt bulbs and here comes a pick up which already has it's headlights right square in my field of vision with their silver star bulbs in their fog light position?

What are those purple-ish looking lights some drivers use now? Cause an SUV came at me last night with them not only as headlight bulbs but also as their fog lights. I all but ran off the road trying to drive past this #$^&*& SOB!!

I for one would get these bulbs outlawed if I could.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:27 AM

You are correct both the pickup and the SUV are in the wrong as you state but yet you want to join thier ranks?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Still, it won't stop them or other drivers from using these bulbs.

I'd just like to return the favor. Know what I mean?

PS.2 wrongs do not make 1 right.
2 wrongs make1 left.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member

I got the box and unpacked the lights. No big deal getting them to go in the car. One anchor screw does the job. I went looking for the wires to hook them up and didn't find pigs with the light bulb ends anywhere ... so I'm doing the Hard Wire Route. Running my own wiring for the whole deal.

I'm just going to do a little bit at a time and get it done nice.
I'll mount them through the hole already drilled in the bumper cavity with a Stainless Machine Screw and a hard nylon washer.

One Machine screw is all the fastening you get with the mount. It's a triangular frame that braces itself on the bottom with locating tabs and the top screws to the bumper where the light protrudes through where the space-saving louvers are. There's a U-cut to access the Up/Dn aiming Torx screw.
That's about it!

Quick Reply: Rick's Fog Lights Saga Continues!