General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Review mirror fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Review mirror fuse?

I searched the forum for the answer and if it's out there I can't find it. Is there a fuse or circuit breaker for the review mirror? I noticed coming in this morning that the auto dim feature wasn't working when I got to work I checked the map lights and they aren't working either. I checked to see if the wiring had pulled loose from the back of the mirror, it was snug. I brought the owners manual into work with me and can't find anything that looks like it's for the review mirror.

Anyone else experience this? Was afraid at first that I might be having the same problem as Chibiblacksheep, but as I said there appears to be no power to the mirror since the map lights don't work either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! TIA

Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What problem did I have?! :P

You would notice the liquid leaking out / evaporating.

Or do you mean my wiring problem? Sometimes I have to crimp / play with the wire (not the connection to the mirror) but the actual wire to get my stuff to jump on. I think something in there is fried, but I'm too lazy to go piggy-back in a new wire.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
What problem did I have?! :P

You would notice the liquid leaking out / evaporating.

Or do you mean my wiring problem? Sometimes I have to crimp / play with the wire (not the connection to the mirror) but the actual wire to get my stuff to jump on. I think something in there is fried, but I'm too lazy to go piggy-back in a new wire.
Nah, was referring to the liquid. Wasn't aware that you had a wire loose, a few loose screws sure, but not wires.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The liquid would easily be seen. It distorts everything you look at with the mirror, and it makes the mirror very light.

I don't know about a fuse, I would assume check both your fuse doors and see.