General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Reaction from friends/family when you bought a Monte

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM

my two brothers said what you didnt get anouther mustang?? i said i wanted some thing i can load four people in with out cramping up when two are in the back and hear them complane are we there yet i need to get out its to loud its to fast could you slow down. thats why i got the monte the other is the styling i think the 5th to the 7th gens look freakin sexy as hell. the third is comfort and just being happy with a dd that i can cruse on the high way going to the beach during the spring and the summer ;P

Old 03-02-2010, 08:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

alllll of my friends loved it. heck they still love it, i think they were more excited to see the monte rather then me when i moved back from florida lol. anytime we go somewhere its either in the monte or my besties mustang.

my ex came up to me the first day i got it in his 07 sonata and was like i would sooo beat you in a race, needless to say that he pissed me off and still does to this day with all his bull.

it was one of the, if not the best, looking cars in my high school parking lot

my parents obviously liked it since they surprised me with it lol

the rest of my family likes it even though they arent really into cars and all

99% of the people i know love the car and i get sooo many compliments about it and i absolutely love that =D

Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM

wow everyone here got positive reactions.....my friends thought i bought a grandma car.....until their riced out fart canned civics and neons couldnt keep up on the way to shows anymore

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM

All of my family and friends love it. But at the drags last year as someone walked by it I overheard them say.... "Nice lookin car....always liked the impallas".....sigh......

Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm gonna have to get back to this, but most were positive, my buddy at work has an "intimidator" and I would trade him in a hearbeat for it, it looks ten times better than mine! I think some people think this is my mid-life crisis car, I really hope not?? so I'll get back to this when I get a chance! although my daughter thinks it will be hers in 3 years but I think not!

Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Alot of people liked it I think haha. I gave alot of rides mainly....

Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM

My mom always thought they were ugly so she wasn't too impressed until she drove it and decided it should be hers. My dad is the one who actually bought the car so he liked it. Most of my friends didn't comment that much but with everything I've done to it I've gotten more and more comments from them. There are still several of them who like it better than a buddy's 2010 Camaro SS/RS.

I still get the occasional compliment, usually from people that didn't know I'm the one that drives it or random people on the street. There have been negative comments like with all cars but they're overshadowed by all the positiveness.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 PM

my brother and my dad are the biggest ford fans you will ever see, my brother loves fords so much he could tell you the timing on any year mustang ever made{disturbing}. but every body elses jaws droped when i pulled up in my newish..... monte, the week befor i had already seen the car on a lot and decided it would be mine so after a week of goin through the motions of car buying(aimlessly searching) i actually had a sellsman at a different carlot ask me "why didnt u buy it" when i told him about it lol. the day after, i went and did the paperwork and it was mine, and i get a complament just about every other day.

i love my monte

Old 03-03-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Probably would say "Man, that thing is bad as hell."

I don't know why I lol'd at that.

I WAS excited! My parents were skeptical since my family is honda/toyota biased, especially since i bought it used. My friend also was like man shoulda got a civic
My friend thinks or should i say thought he could take me on his 06 corolla xrs not anymore tho
I like catching random strangers just looking at it.
So friends and family were 50/50 about it.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 PM

The reception was good mainly. My mom was generally jealous that she hadn't got all the options I had and wished she would have bought one instead. My father, indifferent, as usual. Girlfriend fell in love with the heated seats and ride, though she doesn't care much for cars. My friends (and their friends/girlfriends) have been pretty positive about it, haven't heard anything negative. As I add stuff, the monte seems to get more attention from strangers and whatnot. Hell, just the other day my buddy was amazed to see that GM put an amp in from the factory when I was walking him around the car going over some plans for spring.

Quick Reply: Reaction from friends/family when you bought a Monte