General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Prioritizing help please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Default RE: Prioritizing help please!!!!

Hey Fwoggy, sorry you had to deal with those guys. You're not kidding tho, anyone at a service shop will treat you like an idiot until you throw a stink. I had a oil change w/synthetic done at a place and they didn't check ANYTHING but the oil. Which pissed me off because with the 45$!!! service they're suppoosed to do everything but wipe my ****. So the next day I went backwhen they were the busiest and threw an all-mighty stink yelling. Didn't stop until I got a full refund and a free oil change. Then I gave the free oil change couponto the only person that was left after my tirade and said "Here, this is for having to listen to my screaming. I wouldn't come back to this place if it was free for the rest of my life" The manager was SO red-faced after I gave the coupon to the guy and drove away.

But yeah, the dealership here is exactly the same way, but unfortunately now they know that I'm mechanically inclined, so the gig is up so to speak.... You should also tell them they need to replace the post-cat O2 sensor, because the cat could have fouled it. If they don't agree then just replace it yourself if you can get access to it. You can buy em for less than 50$ at an autozone or whatever and they're pretty simple to install. Plus, a new cat can help gas mileage, and overallperformance. I replace em at 60k no matter what because that's when I do the Trans Flush as well.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:00 PM

I got the new CAT installed on Tuesday and so far my gas milage has gone back up from 21.5 to 26.4. I just barely had the O2 sensors replace 2 months ago so I don't think that they're bad. The car has a ton more pick up on it now so fingers crossed everything on that end is good to go. Now I just need to get the rest done. hehehe One step at a time![sm=sigh.gif]

Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 AM

Oh, btw, check if the "major service" includes spark plugs, the platinum ones in GM's usually last like 100k. I know the ones in my 03 LS were still looking great at 75K. Don't you love it when you can go to a mechanic, tell him to look at the plugs, and they say their fine instead of just replacing them for umpteen dollars a piece?

Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It could be the O2 was fouled out anyways?

I think I'd be tempted to make them replace it whether they like it or not?

I know I had O2 sensors I replaced before only to have to replace them not long afterwards cause the engine wasn't running right. I was real glad I'd bought a life-time sensor at that point.