General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Post Your Winter Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yeah I had my local part store order em, but usually some places don't charge too much for shipping

Old 01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's true but alot of places around me will mark up way to high to bother

Old 01-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Exhaust revamp, and Wideband installation are about the only things I've got ahead of me. Might redo the headliner in black too.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Just got headers done, looking at getting a wizaired cai, zzp pcm, aeroforce gauge (possibly two set up), pillar pod, and install pace car trunk panel from jarhead. Just ordered red plug wires. Once it warms up I'll do a little painting under hood such as stb, etc.... I hope to get all of this done by spring then I'll be looking into ss m90 or possibly top swap.

Almost forgot, I'd like to get the new hood painted and installed within the next few months as well.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

I did a little interior mods this winter with some LEDs and I also made a CD holder insert. Other than that not much.

Some things I would like to do soon include re-do of my audio system and a better trunk panel. Some bigger projects I would really like to see are fixing my quarter panel rust and also swapping out my interior for an all black one.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 PM

Well things I'd like to get done is to the Monte I'd like to get the decal on it, tint the windows, LED brake lights, drilled and slotted rototrs, new rims and tires, and brighter headlights. May have missed a few things, but due to wanting to save up for a few years for a new (new to me but used) truck what most likely will get done is, GRAND PRIX: Bondo or sheet metal a little rust hole thats starting under the grand prix where it dips down to hold the spare tire, buy a bra to cover up the hidious spray paint the previous owner put ont he bumper, tint, new headlights prolly the halogens, and one more 12 inch sub. The Monte: tint, tires and drilled and slotted rotors, the decal. and the the realistic list but I hope I get more done than that lol

Old 01-08-2012, 02:19 AM

engine heat sheild painted,fender braces painted,6000k low HID cool blue headlights,avs rainguards painted yellow,replace gauge cluster with working one,full black leather swap,dale earnhardt intimidator headrests,some new decals,strut covers

Hopefully buy:slp upper/lower grille,head light covers,bug deflector,tail light covers,build trunk liner,nicer rims,team monte carlo trunk decal,6000k fogs,convert full interior black(center console,all door pannels,dash pieces,head liner,carpet)

Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by BUDDZZ
@03SSLE the suspension is something I'm looking at for over the summer, I've got the BMR front and rear strut tower braces and I'm looking at the rest of the parts they have to offer. The only struts I found are the KYB APX I think there called I'll have to look at the HT's your talking about
The Stage 2 HT kit comes with the KYB AGX struts, and the Stage 3 kit comes with Koni struts. Height, spring rate and dampening are all adjustable. My Monte had the OE front strut tower brace when I got it and I already added the rear brace. After I upgrade the suspension I'm going to focus on braking, and then it's engine upgrade time. I'm thinking about going the turbo route, but nothing set in stone yet.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Engine and Engine bay still working on but here is what I got so far. Also doing interior LED lighting and drilled and slotted roters

Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Lookin' good (as always) Tadd!

Quick Reply: Post Your Winter Upgrades