General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:10 PM

Well the tint on my car I used VHT and only did 3 coats I personally thing the tail lights are ugly because the red is to bright, and debadging it kind of takes away from stock lol, but My tailights have no faded.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:18 PM

N00B SAIB0T

Originally Posted by Jparks
Well the tint on my car I used VHT and only did 3 coats I personally thing the tail lights are ugly because the red is to bright, and debadging it kind of takes away from stock lol, but My tailights have no faded.
I'm not into all the clutter that most cars come with. It just seems like too much,but it's why I kept the SS badges. For me the body speaks for itself...it's like you know it's a Chevy and you know it's a monte.

I dunno about the tint,may look too ghetto for me. I'm trying to keep a balance of stock and modified.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:22 PM

I can assure you 3 coats of VHT will not look ghetto I'm rather satified my self and I try and stay away from the rice ghetto look, It almost looks stock you could even just go with 2 coats makes sure it's even and if you want more tint then do some more work on it. Keep in mind if you're doing VHT tint look how to properly do it.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tring to post pics

Still trying got to photo album

Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM

Hmm I actually like no badge on the front, but I like it on the back I think the back is to empty without any badges.

Chelios you need some tint on the rear lights

Milrlyt I think you should toss some clear coat on those wheels I think it would compliment your car a lot better.

100% agreed on the clear coat - been trying to find one that will adhere to plasti dip on wheels for months. Everyone I've asked says this brand nor that will stick on very well... any ideas?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM

Posted in the anything goes is a car cruise event. Bring out your black rides and represent the car club. :b All info is in the post, check it out and come out for the festivities.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt
100% agreed on the clear coat - been trying to find one that will adhere to plasti dip on wheels for months. Everyone I've asked says this brand nor that will stick on very well... any ideas?
I did a lot of reading and there isn't any specific clear coat that people used for their cars, the only worry is that the plastidip will not come off as easy but if you're PD is thick enough it should be an issue I'd use rubber or plastic CC but if you have any other type try it out.... maybe try it on something not on your car first see how it works.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Default Heartbeat

This is Heartbeat

Attached Thumbnails The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!-dsc00710.jpg  
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM

I did a lot of reading and there isn't any specific clear coat that people used for their cars, the only worry is that the plastidip will not come off as easy but if you're PD is thick enough it should be an issue I'd use rubber or plastic CC but if you have any other type try it out.... maybe try it on something not on your car first see how it works.

I have a few coats of plasti dip on there, I think I'll get this project done this weekend and post before/after pics here.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Default Heres my black heartbeat

Got new pics

Attached Thumbnails The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!-dsc00878.jpg   The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!-dsc00873.jpg   The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!-dsc00882.jpg   The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!-dsc00874.jpg   The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!-dsc00740.jpg  

Quick Reply: The Official Black Monte Carlo Thread!