General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

no low beams only fogs work

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation no low beams only fogs work

hey so out of no where my head lights stopped working, i checked all the fuses everything was ok, so i thought it might have been the hid set ups, i took them offend plugged in a regular bulb, still nothing. i swapped the hid systems again nothing, then i took it to my usual shop and they ran a few minor tests on it and found i have power in the wires going to the headlights but no negative lead out both wires were giving hime a + signal..
he mentioned it might be my bcm? i have no idea what to check for next, anyone have a clue or ran into this before?

id hate to buy wrong parts again, i have this starting issue where she keeps starting for like 8 seconds every time before it actually starts and mechanics made me replace iac, an other sensor i forgot which one and a mass air flow sensor which i found in a junk yard thank god and eventually the throttle body and it still doing the same thing

thanks guys

Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 AM

depending which module you have, there may be a headlight module, which may or may not be part of the bcm. it could be a relay related problem, bcm, or even headlight or multifunction switch. you need to know where the ground comes from for the lights, and go from there.