General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

? Next GTO ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ? Next GTO ?

[align=center]Is this the new `Pontiac GTO[/align][align=center]from down under ?[/align][align=center][:-]

Holden Coupe 60 Concept revealed[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Holden took the wraps off a new concept car today called the Coupe 60. Essentially a two-door version of the VE Commodore, the car could easily be put into production, but GM insists there are no firm plans just yet. Although the Holden brand only exists in Australia, the Commodore sedan is imported to America as the Pontiac G8, which opens the door to obvious that a the Coupe 60 could eventually come here as well.

“This is a vehicle I know our designers would dearly love to see go into production, but for the moment it has to remain a concept only,” GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director Mark Reuss said.
Over two inches shorter than the Commodore, the coupe rides on 21-inch wheels and is powered by a 6.0 litre V8 engine with E85 ethanol fuel compatibility.
Like the Cadillac CTS Coupe — another two-door coupe concept from GM — the Coupe 60 has a pillarless design, meaning there is no structural B-pillar between the front side and rear side windows.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][URL=http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=6658&idg=1&

Old 03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ? Next GTO ?

I do like it, but I seriously doubt it.

Some of the reasons the 04-06 GTO failed was because it didn't look like the old GTO's, and also because it was a slightly modded Holden Monaro.

I don't think this one will even make it to the concept-car stage looking like it does now. I think in this era of "throw-backs", if GM was to bring the GTO name back, they'd make it look like an old GTO. Which isn't really all that spectacular (in my opinion) considering the original GTO was a performanceupgrade to the Bonneville, a family car.

That was during an era when GM spent more time worrying about a car's performance, and less time worrying about badging. Of course now it's the other way around. Another possibility now is, a new GTO would just be a sticker and spoiler package added to the Pontiac G8. With a ram-air hood to add 20 horsepower, and ten grand to the price tag.

I do like that Holden you posted though. Looks like it would be a really popular car for them.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:01 PM

I like it but it does look alot like the Infinity G37 to me. I will stick with the Camaro in 2010

Old 03-30-2008, 02:16 PM

Its like a pimped out G8 coupe. Did any of u guys see the G8 pick-up concept? I want one now! Either 1.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:41 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

the steering wheel is on the right side so it's probably another modified Holden