General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New Member - Need Speaker Cover help please

Old 03-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Default New Member - Need Speaker Cover help please

Hello! New to the forum! We have a 2003 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car (blue with all the stickers) in great condition inside and out. It actually belongs to our 17 year old son who takes incredibly good care of the vehicle. Unfortunately, he was changing out the rear speakers last week and broke a speaker cover. We've been looking for a replacement and finding it hard to find (like I'm sure many of you have as well!). It looks black to me but my husband swears it's pewter. Any idea where we can get a replacement? Is eBay the only location?

Thank you!

Old 03-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Welcome to the MCF.
Check in your area and see if you have a U-pull it type salvage yard or and salvage yard and they may have one you will just need to remove it. good experience when checking these cars out you see how everything is set up too. Hope that helps.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:41 PM

I know my u-pull has two. PM me if you're interested.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi and Welcome to the MCF!

Additionally the Impala speaker cover will work as it is the same, so look for those too at pick-n-pulls or eBay...

Sounds like a nice car, post a few photos and tell your son to come to our site and join the family.. A Pace car is meant to be shared...

Old 03-25-2018, 03:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I recall, the interior color of the '03 Pace Car is called "Ebony" (which is much like my 04 Monte). I swapped my speaker grills out for Pewter years ago. I also made a mistake not knowing that use speed nuts on the underside of that rear panel. Odds are with sun fade, they may have discolored to look pewter (plus the sun makes the plastic brittle).

Sadly, many of these parts are becoming discontinued. If I recall, those grills are not terribly expensive from the dealer. But if they cannot source them, then it's off to the salvage yards.

BTW - I agree about the pics. The '03 Pace Car is a little special to me as that is what I was after when I was shopping for my Monte (I did not end up with the Pace Car, but what I did get is pretty nice).

Old 07-18-2018, 05:20 AM

Found some on E-Bay. They can be painted to match the color you need

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-2001-2...3ffc%7Ciid%3A1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.