Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   New to me, Monte SS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/new-me-monte-ss-10321/)

mbusboom10 08-17-2008 10:03 PM

RE: New to me, Monte SS

Nice Monte man! It's an insanely comfortable car to drive!! The only thing I hate about Monte Carlo's is the ground effects... the body design has alot of those concave curves and Chevy had to put retarded looking convex side skirts... I know the first thing to replace after I finish the engine in mine is a new body kit

rj 08-17-2008 11:56 PM

Sure, I know where Strongsville, OH is.

I live close to Dayton.

Besides, i get a dozen "nice car's" a day driving the stang, and ive only had a total of 5 on my monte and you just happen to see them everywhere(theyre common) but nontheless i LOVE it, its a dream to drive, but its still lacking the M90 whine.Oncei get a few good pics of the monte, ill make up a sig

Sorry but in this part of the state, you see 10,000 Stangs daily. THEY are the common ones. Not the Montes.

I'll bet we had a ton of people checking out the '03 Pace car today.

I know two teenage chicks liked it. They told me. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Taz 08-18-2008 09:27 AM

It's pretty much the same around here too RJ. You can't go one block without seeing a 'stang. Monte's of any generation are rare. But I'd have to say I see 5th gens the most, then 6th/7th gens a very close second, then 4th gens (my favorite). There are a couple of Monte's from gens 1-3, but not many. Maybe only one or two of each at the most.

People are always checking out the 4th gens around town. Also the "specialty" 6th gens around town too. There's one Jeff Gordon edition, a couple 2004 Intimidators, two Dale Jr's (including mine), one 2002 Dale Sr edition, and a couple pace cars (a 2000, and a 2002).

Most of the specialty 6th gens only come out in good weather only. Special occasion cars. I think the red 2000 pace car, and my Dale Jr are the only ones daily driven. So we get a lot of people looking, and making comments.

Nothing against the 'stang. It's a nice, fast car. But around here there's so many of them, people just don't pay much attention anymore. The new Challengers around town are getting the most attention right now. Can't wait for when the Camaro comes out! :)

Yonco 08-18-2008 06:25 PM

Im not saying theres no mustangs here, just not all clean/ spiffed up looking. I see a dozen stangs a day also, but mainly 6'ers and I think i need something on my monte to make it stand out. Any suggestions? At first i thought mabey some pinstriping but now im leaning torwards a new set of shoes and some white or yellow wall lettering. Then it'll look nascar! -Jon

Oh, also the mustang sounds like a BAMF cause of the whole v8 idea where an aftermarket exhaust is a real gem. My monte is still stock :eek:- not for long!

dustpusher 08-18-2008 11:05 PM

When you get new wheels are you going to sell the old ones?If you do I may be interested.

rj 08-19-2008 07:57 PM

Sunday my g/f Deb drug me to MI to see her parents. Her '03 Pace car got lots of compliments from admirers. We stopped at a car wash on the trip home (cause the car needs to look it's best) and just about everyone getting gasoline was staring at us wiping the car off after the wash.

Two teenage chicks came up to the car to tell me they thought it was cool.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

If you want a different look to your Monte try Pheonix Graphics. They sell the Pace car decals. You can buy them seperately if you like.

The Winner Circle Montes are the rarer of the Signature Series Monte from what I can tell? Maybe you could purchase a set of these decals and put them on your Monte to make it stand out?

I tried to locate a pic of a Winner Circle Monte but couldn't locate one.

Neat web site. Lots of pics.
http://media.gm.com/us/chevrolet/en/...chevrolet.html