General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New to me, Monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Default New to me, Monte SS

Ive been debating on getting a car for a daily driver for a while since i sold my GTP to pay off the mustang. I finally wrecked the mustang again(Just put on a new front clip/fender/headlight today to fix it) and decided it was about time for a Beater. After looking for GTP's i came across a silver 02 Monte SS At a local auction and got it for 6100$ Its real clean and doesn't need much work, Although it has one fogged headlight and a slight bend on the lower front bumper clip under the lower grill about half the size of a baseball. The car has 80k miles. Interior is Flawless and its a really clean. I already have my thoughts on a m90 SS kit but i should probably leave the racing up to the mustang.The monte even looks aerodynamic, its hard to believe a mustang as square as a refridgerator can hit 150 and stay stable! I also noticed on a startup that the key i was given didnt have a keyless entry, Was that an option or a standard. I Was reading online and saw some on ebay listed for a 02 monte, if i buy that will it program in? I dont have a owners manual so i have to pick one of them up too!

First mods: GMPP Swaybars
Adding some black or red pinstriping
3" catted DP
FWI
Keyless entry Remote / owners manual
Tires
Full Tuneup/ AL 605's/ Tranny-Oil-Coolant Change/ 180 Tstat <- wut else?
Poly Motor Mounts
**SSM90 From ZZP- After winter.

I should have these parts ordered within the next week and if you have any more ideas on anything simple. Please be feel free to add. Its just a cruiser and im still not sure if i even want to do the L67 top swap or a zzp kit, but i know i will sure miss the whine of my GTP. I Work across the parking lot from Morad parts co, which has a ton of l67's there and ive stopped by a few times fro other parts so one of these days i may walk out of there with a top swap, minus the heads and just use a modified l67 w/ injector LIM. The sad part is i will have to park it outside, due to my mustang staying indoors at all times. -Jon

Old 08-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Default RE: New to me, Monte SS

Nice beater. Monte aint too bad either, lol

Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 PM

Eenee, meanee, mynee, moe ... I'll take the Monte. I don't like having somebody pull-up along-side at every damn red light and start tach-ing it up ... looking for a race. I'm sure the Mustang is a lot of fun to drive, and all like that ... but, I'm too old for that stuff and need the comfort you get at the wheel of a Monte Carlo.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 PM

You know what they say..... If its too loud, your too old!

Old 08-15-2008, 08:22 AM

Congrats on the new to you Monte.
If it is a DD no need to mod it. save the money and mod the stang.
Interesting to see a Ford guy get a Chevy.
Nice Mustang, I wish they had a bit more leg room.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on your 02 Monte. I like the optional rims that are on your car. Before spending money on engine mods, I'd save up and swap in the L67 engine and tranny. That brings you up to 240 HP (at the crank) from the 200 HP in the non-supercharged engine. Then you can build from there. Keep in mind the L67 is shared with the Grand Prix, so that opens up your possibilities for searches on performance parts.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:45 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Taz, please learned me. The L69 is that the supercharged 3,8?

Nice Monte. You can get a restoration packet from Chevy which will tell you what your car came with. Such as: a/c, cruise, tilt, tach, heated seats, anti-lock, etc.

Or call GM/Canada and for $55 they will send you a list of everything your car came with on GM letter head.
Oh, the restoration packet is free.

I don't like having somebody pull-up along-side at every damn red light and start tach-ing it up ... looking for a race.

Rick, it can be a real pain.Do like I do. Pick and choose cause some just ain't worth it.

[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=loser.gif]

Old 08-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Rick, it can be a real pain.Do like I do. Pick and choose cause some just ain't worth it.
Couldn't have said it better.

Just yesterday getting home from work. Sitting at a light two lane road waiting to make left. A scion Tc pulls in the right lane. we are on a slight uphill so while wating for the light he kept going forward then letting roll back and hitting the gas so the wheels would spin. For a second there I thought to take the turn signal off and dust him. but decided against it. Light turns green he goes I stay cuz I am turning left he gets about 4 cars and puts the flashers up, It was pretty funny. Dude is prolly posting his kill on the Scion boards LOL

Old 08-15-2008, 01:46 PM

LOL!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!! Yeah, I can see that being posted now. "Yo, I just murdered a 2007 SS Monte Carlo going uphill from a dead stop!" dum-dum.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: big_mecho13

Couldn't have said it better.

Just yesterday getting home from work. Sitting at a light two lane road waiting to make left. A scion Tc pulls in the right lane. we are on a slight uphill so while wating for the light he kept going forward then letting roll back and hitting the gas so the wheels would spin. For a second there I thought to take the turn signal off and dust him. but decided against it. Light turns green he goes I stay cuz I am turning left he gets about 4 cars and puts the flashers up, It was pretty funny. Dude is prolly posting his kill on the Scion boards LOL
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Hey Guys, I just raced a 2007 All Black Monte Carlo V8 SS and smoked his butt.
I was going to stop and flame him, but he was some really big dude and his
eyes were Bigand Red. I kicked in my supercharger and he tried to catch me
but couldnt. I will post the vid later. Another win for our Scion TC

posted by kidScion on 8-14-08 @ 4:20pm[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]

[/align]

Quick Reply: New to me, Monte SS