General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new hood scoop for the monte

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM

I love it! That is the hood I want, I Aldo agree if it was wider it would look badass, more then it does now

Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think you need to get this all finished by next summer and go to the GM Nationals. I want to see this car in person

Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Looks pretty sweet! Definitely an original!! Kinda tall, but it's your design! Post pics of your hood journey!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I cant wait to see it done !! best of luck man !!

Old 12-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I agree with ZJerry, it seems a bit tall, perhaps too tall. I almost think it needs to be wider to off set how tall it looks.

But, it will be original. The only hoods I've seen are the MDP/PFYC RAM Air Hood and the Ram Air hood Pacer has. I don't even think I've seen a raised cowl hood.

I guarantee this, the road you're going, it will be original. I say that mainly because I don't think too many people spend the time/money to mold a hood scoop on the hood (it's mostly buy something already done).
i wanted it on the taller side so it catches your eye, my car has a body kit on it and a bigger spoiler and will soon have new fenders and i was also thinking about custom building a wide body kit for it. if i went with a small scoop i think it would look out of place compared to what all is done to the rest of the car. im not a fan of buying everything and using it cause then everybody has it or can easily get it. the spoiler on my car alone yes i bought but then i had to make the risers 1" taller to clear the hump on the trunk lid (most people would not have went through that trouble) my body kit yes people can buy but hardly anybody buys it they always get the other kits. im just out to be unique and hear people say "wow never seen anything like that, thats 1 of a kind" not everybody will like everything i do to it and i respect that also and i am glad you all are being honest and honest in a kind way instead of bashing it and me too.

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
It's Big! If painted the same color as the body it might blend in better split lines are going to help it too.

People are going to wonder what you got under that hood!!!
lol they will find out whats under the hood once they get blown away

Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by t.s.b
I love it! That is the hood I want, I Aldo agree if it was wider it would look badass, more then it does now
thanks, with it being wider im not sure if it would be better or look to stretched out. this scoop is as wide as the spyder 3 hood (main scoop) it just dont have the little triangle looking things is all.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I think you need to get this all finished by next summer and go to the GM Nationals. I want to see this car in person
i would love to but i got a ways to go yet lol. i need to get the hood done and get tires before spring, then in spring i am getting it dyno tuned and then inspected, also want 1" wheel spacers and need to fix the front bumper from bottoming out lol. but first i need to find all this money! o and i am also planning all bmr suspension parts with air bags
Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
Looks pretty sweet! Definitely an original!! Kinda tall, but it's your design! Post pics of your hood journey!
thanks "definitely an original!!" <----- thats what i like to hear

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
I cant wait to see it done !! best of luck man !!
thanks i will be sure to post pics

Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by kawasaki22106
im just out to be unique and hear people say "wow never seen anything like that, thats 1 of a kind" not everybody will like everything i do to it and i respect that also and i am glad you all are being honest and honest in a kind way instead of bashing it and me too.
I completely understand trying to get the "WOW" factory. That is part of customizing.
I still think it would flow better if it was a little wider. But that is my taste.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, keep the pics flowin'!!!!

I think your ride will be more interesting once it's all tuned and you can get some quarter mile slips!!

Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Im undecided on it, need to see it all done but its deff gonna be unique & stand out

Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member

here is a few more pics of what all is done to my monte.

thats just a few lol. and questions/comments feel free

Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

the hood and some roof rails and you have Moded everything you can . I like it so far man !!

Quick Reply: new hood scoop for the monte