General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New car! What do you mod first?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM

After I do stereo mods then I usually do performance stuff, then exterior or cosmetic stuff.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Hmm it depends what kinda car it is. The pinstriping on bottom & the calipers were first bcuz they were the easier & cheapest to do at the time. If I got the power to support it (aka supercharger, turbo) then I'll do the exterior first, then either do the interior or performance but like I said it all depends on what kinda car. I'm finishing the exterior on this before I go all out with the interior & performance

Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Hmm it depends what kinda car it is. The pinstriping on bottom & the calipers were first bcuz they were the easier & cheapest to do at the time. If I got the power to support it (aka supercharger, turbo) then I'll do the exterior first, then either do the interior or performance but like I said it all depends on what kinda car. I'm finishing the exterior on this before I go all out with the interior & performance
x2 what brit said. mine came with supercharged and i knew exactly what i want out of it. i bought the car with 22k miles. when it turns 27k miles i dropped xp cam and upgrade my tranny. was a big mistake that i bought extended warranty. i keep adding more performance parts at the time cuz i didn't care about looks or sound. when my performance mods are almost to the peak where i want to be i started adding appearance mods and it just keep going and still going. i was never much into sound system until about 3 weeks ago when i install my first sub and amp. longs story short i end up blowing my 10" kicker sub

Old 10-29-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
i was never much into sound system until about 3 weeks ago when i install my first sub and amp. longs story short i end up blowing my 10" kicker sub
LOL. Any idea how or why that happened?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think the amp was too powerful for the single 10" kicker. amp i have is mxt thunder 600 rmp plus i was cranking up the volume to the max and messing with the bass. now i'm subless!!! gonna get single 12" later sometime.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 PM

Tint is always my first mod. Then exterior tweeks are my thing. I am very happy with my 2006 SS stereo. It blows the Bose in my Tahoe right out of the water, and that has a factory sub..

Old 10-29-2010, 07:40 PM

when i got my monte i did the tint first do to it helps save the intereor not just that when driving with the air on it helps to keep every thing cool. then i did the one flow because that i only had enough to do just one at the time. then i did the fog lights and led tail lights. when i get the money i will get the second flow and the cai then different rims for it but it is one thing at a time. i still owe money on it i am focusing on paying it off quickly to do the mods that i want to do it. also getting a reprogramed pcm from pcmperformance.com

Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I completely forgot about the window tint. I've gotten every one of my cars tinted. My Monte's windows got tinted the first week I got it.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:56 AM

My previous cars all I did was mod the audio system, I didn't have much cash for noticeable performance mods (series 1 and 2 n/a 3800's). The monte was different. I did the audio first, which wasn't much. The factory sound system is awesome and already sounds like I have a pair of 12's so all I did to that was add the ipod interface.

The i did the performance. Since it has the l67 I could get significantly more power the my previous cars for fairly cheap money. All thats left is a tune and I'll be happy. I'm not much into appearance mods. I love the factory paint job (except for the swirl marks and a few chips), factory rims, and factory ground effects. I've decided since I live in a salt state that I'll probably never have the paint perfect so I'll put all the effort into more power It looks great in any light except direct sunlight so I'm happy. The only thing I would like to do appearance wise is dress up under the hood. You know, paint the valve covers, engine cover, and all supports.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:40 PM

I did the audio first, too. You gotta hear good sounds when you're doing the rest of the stuff. After audio, I added pinstripes and windshield decals. I really wanted to add blue LED lights to the mirrors but to connect them to the turn signal they'd have to remove the dash. Does anybody have these on their Monte?