General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New 06 MC what oil do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Default New 06 MC what oil do you use?

Coming up on the first oil change @ 1,000 miles after 8 weeks. Looking at Oil. I have always used Castrol Conventional 5w-30 with my new cars. I am looking at Castrol Statup, but that is pasrt synethic. I always change the oil @ 2,000 miles because my roundtrip to work is only 16 miles. Not sure if it is work the extra 50 cents a quart, but it is engineered for the 10 min. startup period.

Also, I will be using an AC Duraguard Oil filter PF-61.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Default RE: New 06 MC what oil do you use?

i have always changed my oil the first time at 500 miles this is to get the crap out of the motor and when i change it since the full synthetic is out that is what i use . i run mobil one full synthetic. i figure if the vet can handel it from berth then my car can after i ge tit from the dealer.

it had 400miles on it the first oil change and since then i have changed it and filter every 2500 miles .
blelive me it shows when you take off the valve cover to change a gasket etc. you can tell if a motor has been taken care of.
and if it hasent then your in for a mess!!

good luck

Old 08-17-2006, 04:11 AM

Mines getting close to 4k miles, I better get it in but I would only use what they recommend. Synthetic oils are great for my race cars but a street car? Why waste the money.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:27 AM

becuse they break down slower so you get better protection,
they cuse your motor to run cooler withc is always a good thing
becuse it is cleaner oil going in and out at every oil change.
the hold out longer if you for get to change the oil at the recomended time.
should i go on with this?
race cars use full synthetics also due to heat not how long they can run the oil we use them for distance and heat and belive me they do make a diffrence in the life of the motor.

they are also better at coating parts then conventinal oils. if they were race only then some of the high end cars from GM or any of the others would not be useing them in thier production cars for the street.

So yes they are more expencive but what did you pay for the car is it worth a few extra bucks for you to have it around longer? To me it was worth it and i use the best that i can find/affored to keep it running and looking nice.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 PM

I previously drove a 1995 GMC K1500, and religiously used Mobil 1 synthetic. BY no means a race truck or even a show truck, but that thing ran like a dream. And now with a new '06 Monte, I will use nothing other than the Mobil 1, and it will be clean running for a long time.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM

mine runs smother then what it did in the beginning with the old stuff in it. so im happy with it.

i started runnign it when i could not find Kendel oil anymore after we moved.

So i tried it after hearing how good it was. i will never go back !! this was in a older monte carlo that was raced and it made a diffrence in that one also. so i figured i would put it in mine now. also the wifes neon is running it to . still looks clean on the inside and runs great

Old 08-17-2006, 02:22 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I know the advantages of synthetic oils. I have been using them for years and the amount of information about them is staggering. When you change 16 quarts of Mobile 1 every week (AmsOil for awhile) cost is a big issue and we always were researching on brands and costs. I could go on and on here about pros and cons and give you quotes and numbers from professionals but do you really want to read all of that?

Here is a good article about comparisons that I think sums it up well. synthetic_vs_mineral_motor_oil
I just feel that the amount of money that you have to spend on synth oil for a street car with a low horsepower, low torque mass produced engine is a bit of a waste unless the manufacturer recommends it. My Benz, for example runs on Mobile 1, recommended by Mercedes Benz. Fortunately that one only has to be changed about once a year or 10,000 miles. My SS will run on whatever Chevy says to put in it because I feel they know a bit about what they are doing.

Should I go on?

Old 08-19-2006, 06:59 PM

G.M. put mobil one in the vet. it is also a mass produced street car with amass produced motor. dose it make it a better car becuse it has flags on it in stead of a knight and crest? I dont see why not.

Personally it all comes down to your choice of what you want to do but i personally prefer to know i have the add protection in the car with it in there. compared to pulling stuff out that looks like someone put plasti in the motor. I have rebuilt way to many motors in my life and belive me you can see it in a heart beat if they have taken care of it or not. and i will be the first one to say that penz crap they sell saying it is the best is so wrong it is funny but hey folks still use it and buy it. But the beads they add to thier oil are just plastic and they tend to melt in the motor and then plug things up. This dose not mean i would go out and buy it thinking it would do my motor better. I wont even run it in the lawn mower that i have here.

So i use the Mobil one becuse from wha ti have personally seen of it and also what i have see of motors that ran it in them it has surpassed others that i ran or have looked at.
To include kendel in some places.

But even your benz. i would not allow the oil to go for more then 2500 miles on it between changes. I have less then 3200 on mine now and have changed the plugs and wires twice on it and also chande the tranny fluids in it.
Just my thoughts on this i guess. but makes me feel better to know i am doing the bes ti can for the car to make it be here latter on.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:56 PM

I agree with our New Moderator `Mickey & use
Mobil 1. New Nick-name "Mickey the `Mod"
Sorry Mickey, I just can't control myself,...zometimes

`Space...Made a sig 4 U 2...U don't have 2 use it. I'm
just playing with my computer's coloring book[:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/C667F3B6C6FE4B35AF3A126024A96BE8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 AM

Listen kid, your blowing smoke up the wrong persons ***. I would probably right saying you have never “rebuilt way to many motors in my life”. Have you? Come on, tell the truth. What motors? What are the specs on those motors? What were they in? What machine shop did you use? Why did you do rebuild these motors? I've gone back and read your previous posts from everything and you’re full of crap. From the way you type I give you the 5th grade at best let alone owning a car. Where did you find the pictures? The out of this country story is convenient but has not been consistent in your posts. I've been doing this stuff all my life with cars, 30 years and the best you can do is quote the oldest slander in the world about Pennzoil?

You mods can ban me if you want, I could care less but this kid is talking **** and I’m just pointing it out.

Quick Reply: New 06 MC what oil do you use?