General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need opinions on next mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
id save the tune for later. if your still running dod it would be recommended to tune it out. oil consumption and once you do an exhaust it sounds horrible. they can raise your line pressure with a tune and change your shift points as well. both would be a plus. the only downside is that the tune will probably eat up all of that 500, and thats with out doing any actual mods to the car. i think the move would be to save a couple hundred more, get a ls1 intake, everything needed for that swap, trans cooler, shift kit, and then get a tune. the ls1 intakes are affordable, well more affordable than the ls6 and hands down is the best mod for the ls4 aside from a turbo. you could always get a handheld tuners. idk if the new diablos like the trinity or what not have trans support, but i know the predators dont. there was another company that made one that also had trans support but i dont recall the name. either way theyre expensive, and a dyno tune would give you better results. except that youd wind up having to pay to have it tuned again once you put an intake manifold on the car.
That makes sense. I appreciate it man