General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need Help with the Deuce Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Double check your under hood fuses. In particular:

ECM IGN, PWR DROP/Crank, ECM/TCM, BATT 4, STRTR, BATT 3, BATT 1, BATT 2, BCM and ETC/ECM

Did,, but will again nothing else to do

Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks to Nick, I was at least able to get the car into Neutral for towing.

Had to remove the cup holder then to the right of the shifter in the pivot there is a button, push in that button while moving the shifter

One issue off my mind just wish I could get her to wake up now

Old 03-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Tad, that Suck-ith! I know how you feel. YellaJAC has services several No Start issues.
I may have missed it but did you check your ignition switch itself. I find it strange that arching the batteryto the water pump would cause the key ttogether locked in the ignition unless the arch cause an overload in the ignition switch. Melting it!
Since all your fuses anyways are good. Your battery is charged. The C.E.L. can only come on if the ignition circuit it complete thru the ignition switch. So I would check there!

Old 03-22-2014, 11:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Tadd,
Is there an inline fuseable link in the positive cable?...
If so.. I would guess that just may very well be the problem!

Maybe were over thinking the whole thing?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow Tadd, not good luck. I hope you get everything figured out cause that is a bad situation to be in.

ON the positive side at least you didn't have what happened to my bass player, he shorted out the ratchet while taking his battery out, but what happened to him was the terminal arced through his wedding ring, as the ring touched something metal while he was holding the ratchet in his hand, thus causing the ring to essentially burn in to his skin, he now has a permanent ring indent in his finger.

I wish you the best of luck in getting this figured out. Everyone has already offered any advice I would be able to give you, with the exception of taking the car to a dealer for a full diagnostic, but that is expensive. I saw on the one post you were wondering about getting the car towed while it is locked in park, they can still tow it, all the would do is jack the car up and put some wheels under the wheels. like a dolly

Old 03-22-2014, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member

Well an update got the trickle charger on the battery it is charging. Will let it charge overnight asnd check the voltage with a meter (Will get one today)

Got the car into neutral by opening up the console and pressing on a release button on the shifter pivot (Thanks Nick for this bit of info)

Haggerty will tow my car for free to my mechanic (I talked to him today) he believes it is just a link or fuse blown. Ronda and I checked every fuse under the hood 4 times saw nothing but a relay could be blown too or a fusible link

Have to postpone my header install that was set for Monday

Old 03-22-2014, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Tad, that Suck-ith! I know how you feel. YellaJAC has services several No Start issues.
I may have missed it but did you check your ignition switch itself. I find it strange that arching the batteryto the water pump would cause the key ttogether locked in the ignition unless the arch cause an overload in the ignition switch. Melting it!
Since all your fuses anyways are good. Your battery is charged. The C.E.L. can only come on if the ignition circuit it complete thru the ignition switch. So I would check there!

Could be.
The key will turn but will not come out

Old 03-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster

Could be.
The key will turn but will not come out
Tad, you might want to try turning the key to the on position and bypassing the starter relay with a switch. If you get the car to start it may reset itself. Man this really sucks tad, im sorry.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
Tad, you might want to try turning the key to the on position and bypassing the starter relay with a switch. If you get the car to start it may reset itself. Man this really sucks tad, im sorry.

Ah actually swapped out the starter relay Deuce was still being a wench..

Thanks though everyone no suggestion went untried. Guess it off to the shop for her. Hey isn't that where most women want to go...... shopping???

Have to come up with a better plan for next winter's storing for sure

Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 PM

TADD.. Sorry to hear about this.... I hope you get it solved.
We are all waiting to learn, 'cause any one of us could have done the same.
Seems odd there isn't a master protection somewhere on the car that just needs to be reset.
I gotta ask.. Have you tried another battery? Your battery could have internally shorted and could be causing all sorts of grief? Disconnect it completely and try another known good battery. Even remove it from the car and try another without using jumper cables..
I had electrical issues on a trip last year. I tried another battery using jumper cables and it still didn't come alive. I had it flat decked to local dealer. Pickup it up 3 hours later. They had installed a new battery and let it sit for a bit and it was fine. I tried to get out of them if there was some secret voodo they did but they said.. "Nope, just needed a battery."
I felt like a goof..... I had convinced myself it was something bigger!
I hope your issue is easy.
OName:  IMG_00000249_zpsb758fdcb.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  119.0 KB
Good luck.
Graham

Last edited by nascar03; 03-22-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help with the Deuce Please