General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need answers about my new Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Default Need answers about my new Monte!

Hey there guys, so I'm still new here, and to the Monte Carlo world, and I've got a few questions since my 2004 SS didn't come with an owners manual.

Question 1)
What grade of gasoline does a 2004 Super Sport (Non super charged) use? I've used both regular and midgrade and haven't noticed any difference from the engine

Question 2)
How accurate is the overhead console computer? It tells me I'm getting great MPG, even at speeds like 80mph on a flat roadway. Is the average MPG, range in miles, and Fuel consumed settings accurate?

Question 3)
How far can I drive once the "Low fuel" light comes on?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Super Sport 04
Hey there guys, so I'm still new here, and to the Monte Carlo world, and I've got a few questions since my 2004 SS didn't come with an owners manual.

Question 1)
What grade of gasoline does a 2004 Super Sport (Non super charged) use? I've used both regular and midgrade and haven't noticed any difference from the engine Answer: You only need to use regular gas

Question 2)
How accurate is the overhead console computer? It tells me I'm getting great MPG, even at speeds like 80mph on a flat roadway. Is the average MPG, range in miles, and Fuel consumed settings accurate?
Answer: It was pretty close in my 05 & 06 Monte Carlo...

Question 3)
How far can I drive once the "Low fuel" light comes on?
Answer: "As far as you can" Seriously, I would get fuel when the low fuel light comes on Yes, because when your gas tank gets low theres a chance of your fuel pump picking up the debris that's in the bottom of your tank & that can be a costly repair & loss of time while it's being repair...I found it much better to `be safe ~> then Sorry..4-Sure
I hope I've answered your (?'s), but please check back to see what our expert member's post/share on this subject.

*Note; Your tank capacity is 17 gallons...When your fuel light appears, get gas & fill your tank & see how many gallons it takes...Once you have that # number (subtract that # from 17 & it will tell you the answer on how much gas was remaining when your fuel light comes on...

Oh, what is your average MPG ? How many miles on your Monte Carlo ?

Look forward to your future contributions to the MCF

Last edited by Space; 06-19-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Use regular unless your car is knocking badly.

I don't think the overheads are fairly accurate. I like to use the tripometer and do my own math every fill-up.

You have about 50 miles depending on your driving condition