General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

my montes sick

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Default my montes sick

Earlier in the week on my way home from work my monte died on my. I was driving down my street when my transmission failed while driving up a hill. All of a sudden the rpms climbed out of no where so I left of the accelerator and just began rolling back down the hill. None of gears worked, R D 1 2 3. I haven’t noticed any problems prior to this happening so I was quite shocked when this all happened, especially since its an 03 with a little over 43,000 miles.
I had it towed to the local Chevy dealership they said they think its the trans as well I'm waiting around for the call from the service dept today to see what they say is wrong. I just glad I went ahead and bought the extended warranty when I bought it back in November.

Has anyone else experience this with their montes? or Anyone have some thoughts on what could have happened?

Thanks in advance for your insight and thoughts.
When I get the call from the dealership I'll be sure to post
-Cos

Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Default RE: my montes sick

[align=center]Hi Cos,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry that you are having problems with your Monte, but[/align][align=center]I was glad to read that you got the extended warranty.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Have you ever had the trans serviced ? Flushed ? Filter replaced ?[/align][align=center]How did you drive it ? Hard or EZ ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that you warranty is a good one & that your dealership honors it.[/align][align=center]I've read a lot of post on the MCF, but I can't recall any member[/align][align=center]having a trans problem with that low of miles, unless it was constantly abused.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you Good Luck & a speedy fix & return.[/align][align=center]Keep us posted.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]MCF Search [:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/search.asp[/align]

Old 07-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Could be the torque converter, I've heard of those going out on montes all of a sudden before. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Space-

I tend to drive it pretty easier I just started driving it regularly this May when I got home from school. So far the dealership said that they will honor the warranty, I just going to take more time this way with all the phone calls to the warranty company to authorize the service on it. It also helps that my dad has known the head of the service dept. for about 25 years or so. haha.

I'll keep you guys posted when as things get going

Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 PM

i belive your flywheel grenaded, same exact thing happened to me going up a hill. what if any noise did u hear while trying to start it?

Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 PM

I finally heard back from the dealership this afternoon. It turns out that the transmission did go out on it. It sounds like by middle of next week I should be driving the monte around again, it probably would be this week but the warranty company had the dealership redo the tests to make sure that it is indeed the transmission

Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 AM

Good news! I finally got a callback from the dealership today saying that they got approved from the warranty company to replace the transmission after a week anda half. And should only cost me $100 for everything. So hopefully by mid next week I'll have my monte back!!!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

good to hear its getting fixed under warranty, you should ask them to run synthetics in it, you'd just have to pay for the fluids, check into royal purple max atf

Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM

Excellent to hear that your tranny is covered. I hope the new one lasts a lifetime.Speaking of transmissions, and not to hijack, but I have just passed the 30k mark on myodo. as well. I was lookinginto going and just getting the 30K mile servicefor the tranny. Anyone recommend or not recommend it?

Old 07-14-2007, 08:44 PM

Go by what your owners manual recommends......