General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Monte's L67 3" Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
xp cam that thing lol
It will get a cam in due time. Probably only a VS though, just enough to put me in the low 13's. I'm happy with my mid 13's for now, time for a built transmission, paint, and rims.

wht02monte, thanks for the compliments. And honestly, if you have a Flowmaster on your 3400, it probably does sound better than mine. My 3100 exhaust sounded better than what I have now, but I wanted a bigger motor.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM

I got the cherry bomb duals and I think they're elites, im not sure. It sounds mean though. I was just making a little joke though, I cant really hear taht much of a difference on them anyway.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i can understand what ramair trying to say and i do agree to some what he's saying. NOT talking about your car nitehawk i had seen some L67 owner will chop off the cat and install a whole new catback thinking they will get a better exhaust sound. might sound good to them but sound like sh*t to other. well i happen to be one of them people LOL. the bad part about going that route is there is no tone/bass to the exhaust just a ridiculously loud straight through noise. well after a trial and errors lesson i finally got my sound to the right note. here's some video of wot and idle.

Last edited by nemesis; 07-14-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Well, I can tell what it sounds like from even that poor quality vid, yeah, that would for sure sound ALOT better in real life or even a better qual vid, but it sounds good. :P Mine sounds better though LOL

Thats pretty ignorant there buddy. Why cant you keep comments like that to yourself? Go tell those things to people who wanna hear it... Wait, those people quit listening to you already huh?? Good luck in life fella

why do i have to keep my comments to myself , this is a message board and people post things to get people opinions . Thier is no way you can tell me a fwd 3800 sounds good, they sound terrible ./

Also nighthawk mine is not one with a crappy sounding exhaust . I have headers no cat and the stock cat back and its nice and quiet .

Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Alright, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I dont want to hear any arguing over the subject between you guys.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 PM

hey no arguing and I in no way said you couldnt, just asked why you had to, you explained, whatever, I just thought it could have been put nicer, thats all.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

Wait, sorry I have to argue about one thing, bumpin has a fwd 3800 and it sounds awesome huh?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

To me the 3800 sounds GREAT! Silverbullets has that rumble that is hard to beat. FOR A SIX CYLINDER! I'm going to be coming to Elgin next weekend with LadyT in her Solstice GXP. 2.0L 4 banger. 350 HP. 3" Magnaflow exhaust. It sounds GREAT also. Do EITHER of these sound like an LS7? NO FREAKIN WAY! We're not comparing apples to apples here. Someone that says that a car sounds like crap BECAUSE it's NOT a V8 would DEFINITELY not like LadyT's Solstice exhaust sound. Again, we're not comparing apples to apples. A 5.3 sounds different yet. And an 8.1 different yet. And a diesel different yet. We have 4 vehicles, a 5.3 LS1, a 5.0L Olds, the L67, and the LNF, and they all sound different. Do they sound BAD because they're not an LS7? NO!

This whole thread was started to showcase a BETTER THAN STOCK 3.8 V6, and was NEVER INTENDED to compare to a big V8.

ALSO, there is a HUGE difference of opinion of WHAT SOUNDS GOOD. A car with no mufflers might sound good to one, but to me, it's a LOUD car. You ride in it and it's hard to talk or listen to music. I have a plog and 3" downpipe with a stock cat back system. I wouldn't WANT my car any louder than what it is.

So to say all 3800's sound like crap is to say there is no V6 that sounds good. The same would also be assumed about all I4's, implying that if it's NOT a V8, it sounds like crap. Maybe instead of buying a Magnaflow muffler, we need to buy a Magnify muffler?

I can appreciate the difference of opinion here, and as long as there is no name calling and bashing going on, a difference of opinion can be OK. Let's just be polite about it.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Mike I understand what you are saying. Its no big deal I just want to make sure things stay civil here thats all.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

i think it sounds kind of bad but still decent, due to the poor quality video, but i bet it sounds good if it was a good video, all in all i like the car!

Quick Reply: My Monte's L67 3" Exhaust