General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 01:53 AM
Default My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches

Hello all!

I'm ICEYOU, (I'm new here) I've been a big fan of the Monte Carlo since I was young child, watching my heroes like Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt wheel it into victory lane on Sundays. I recently became the owner of a black 06 Monte Carlo SS, I hope to break into Automotive design and work at General Motors someday as an exterior designer. Below is a picture of my chevy and two sketches of a Monte Carlo concept I drew last semester. I would love your feedback on them! Thanks!

I am a Transportation Design student.

Attached Thumbnails My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches-monte-carlo-3.jpg   My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches-monte-carlo.jpg   My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches-monte.jpg  
Old 02-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cool! I always enjoy looking at car-concept sketches and renderings.

Looks like yours has a definite resemblance to the current Chevy front end style. Also good that you have the vertical taillights and traditional-Monte fender sweeps. Do you think maybe the hood ought to be longer?

Oh, by the way --

Your sketches remind me of a Holden concept coupe from some time ago that ~kinda/sorta~ could've been interpreted into a modern-day Monte. I think you'll like it too:

Attached Thumbnails My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches-holden_coupe60rf.jpg   My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches-holden_coupe60rr.jpg  
Old 08-21-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BLACK_ICEYOU
Hello all!

I'm ICEYOU, (I'm new here) I've been a big fan of the Monte Carlo since I was young child, watching my heroes like Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt wheel it into victory lane on Sundays. I recently became the owner of a black 06 Monte Carlo SS, I hope to break into Automotive design and work at General Motors someday as an exterior designer. Below is a picture of my chevy and two sketches of a Monte Carlo concept I drew last semester. I would love your feedback on them! Thanks!

BUMP!

Man these sketches were too cool! Im inspired by them, BIG TIME!

Old 08-22-2020, 09:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by BLACK_ICEYOU
Hello all!

Looks like the Camaro mingled a little bit with the Monte and has some similar shaping!

Old 04-20-2023, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sidestreet
Cool! I always enjoy looking at car-concept sketches and renderings.

Looks like yours has a definite resemblance to the current Chevy front end style. Also good that you have the vertical taillights and traditional-Monte fender sweeps. Do you think maybe the hood ought to be longer?

Oh, by the way --

Your sketches remind me of a Holden concept coupe from some time ago that ~kinda/sorta~ could've been interpreted into a modern-day Monte. I think you'll like it too:
Thanks for the feedback! Will do!