Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/my-monte-carlo-concept-sketches-59414/)

BLACK_ICEYOU 02-22-2018 01:53 AM

My Monte Carlo Concept Sketches

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all!

I'm ICEYOU, (I'm new here) I've been a big fan of the Monte Carlo since I was young child, watching my heroes like Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt wheel it into victory lane on Sundays. I recently became the owner of a black 06 Monte Carlo SS, I hope to break into Automotive design and work at General Motors someday as an exterior designer. Below is a picture of my chevy and two sketches of a Monte Carlo concept I drew last semester. I would love your feedback on them! Thanks!

I am a Transportation Design student.

Sidestreet 02-24-2018 12:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cool! I always enjoy looking at car-concept sketches and renderings.

Looks like yours has a definite resemblance to the current Chevy front end style. Also good that you have the vertical taillights and traditional-Monte fender sweeps. Do you think maybe the hood ought to be longer?

Oh, by the way -- :welcome:

Your sketches remind me of a Holden concept coupe from some time ago that ~kinda/sorta~ could've been interpreted into a modern-day Monte. I think you'll like it too:

Thrush_Glasspack 08-21-2020 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BLACK_ICEYOU (Post 709508)
Hello all!

I'm ICEYOU, (I'm new here) I've been a big fan of the Monte Carlo since I was young child, watching my heroes like Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt wheel it into victory lane on Sundays. I recently became the owner of a black 06 Monte Carlo SS, I hope to break into Automotive design and work at General Motors someday as an exterior designer. Below is a picture of my chevy and two sketches of a Monte Carlo concept I drew last semester. I would love your feedback on them! Thanks!

BUMP!

Man these sketches were too cool! Im inspired by them, BIG TIME!

drivernumber3 08-22-2020 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by BLACK_ICEYOU (Post 709508)
Hello all!

Looks like the Camaro mingled a little bit with the Monte and has some similar shaping!

BLACK_ICEYOU 04-20-2023 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sidestreet (Post 709554)
Cool! I always enjoy looking at car-concept sketches and renderings.

Looks like yours has a definite resemblance to the current Chevy front end style. Also good that you have the vertical taillights and traditional-Monte fender sweeps. Do you think maybe the hood ought to be longer?

Oh, by the way -- :welcome:

Your sketches remind me of a Holden concept coupe from some time ago that ~kinda/sorta~ could've been interpreted into a modern-day Monte. I think you'll like it too:

Thanks for the feedback! Will do!