General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My first Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Default My first Monte Carlo

Hello, I have bought my second car, a 2003 Monte Carlo SS. I bought it and wanted to upgrade it. New rims, tint windows, possibly new headlights. I had 4k to mess with until the check engine light came on two days after. Repairs - rack and pinion, power steering pump, radiator houses, brakes, calipers, head gasket seal. Ther goes my money, i still want to do things to do it.

I would like to add red leds under the door. (Courtesy light i think?) What fuse do i tap into in order to have the leds dim with the dome light? I'd rather not splice but its still an option.

I still would like better rims (mine are scratched to hell). What size/color do you think woukd look good on a red Monte?

I havent played with it too much, but i know that i can rest the oil life of my car with the radio. Will installing a new head unit require me to default to reseting with the brake pedal? Will i lose any other function with a new head unit?

The door speakers suck. Any body replace the speakers have any trouble? What size are the speakers? 6.75 front? 6x9 rear? I really apreciate help from fellow Monte Carlo owners. So thanks.

Any other sort of modifications recomended to do? I cant do anything extreme ie. Headers, exahust. Because i have very little money now. Thanks!

Last edited by 13ramosj; 04-24-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: accidently hit submit to early. on a cell phone :p
Old 04-29-2014, 10:48 AM

Yeah
Go to Crutchfield and check out what fits you car Literally. You don't have to buy from them but I've been dealing with them for thirty years and they know their stuff.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Crutchfield is a good site to get information. If you go aftermarket with your radio you will loose the ability to do anything through the radio but there are the others ways to reset things such as oil and low tire pressure. I have an aftermarket radio and it was worth it. To add red leds that turn off with the dome light, just tap into the lights that are already on the floor above your front and passenger side. Its not very hard to do. You can use sonicelectronix if you want to buy it. It is a good site to buy off of.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:19 PM

The door seal on the top my drivers door tore off and is causing leakage, Where can i get this part and what is it actually called, because I've googled ant=y name I could think of

Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Before you replace the door speakers make sure you're not getting water building up inside the doors when it rains... no point replacing the speakers just to fry the new ones.