General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte Carlo for first car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 04:58 AM
Default Monte Carlo for first car?

Hey guys, I was wonderen what your feelings on an 05 monte carlo as begginers car. I personally have never got to ride in one yet, but i go for a test drive tomorrow to get the feel of it. All thoughts are well appreciated

Old 04-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Monte Carlo for first car?

i think they are a great car i love my 03 but i think you need to understand they do have some power to them and could suprise you to a point. compared to what folks tell you about fwd.

but other then that if you can drive it like a normal person and not hot rod it it would be ageat car. I dont know what your driving style is or will become so im not talking aginst you just stateing the facts.

they are a good car.
they will have more then enough power for a daily car
they do look great!
and can be alot of fun to have.
if well kept they will last you for a long time.

Good luck let us know what you think of the ride and what happens with it.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:29 PM

I bought my 2005 monte carlo ls 2 weeks ago. This is my first car i've ever bought, and let me tell you all my freinds either love it or hate it.
So dont even bother asking them if you should get it, becouse i did and it made me even more confused. So i just bought it anyway.

I like to think i'm a good driver according to the law, but some how i forget all about the rules of the road when i drive my car.(speeding)

So far no problems on my car, and it looks great.

My only complaint is that it is kinda a boat, but it's a price i'm willing to pay.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:00 PM

belive me i think ever car i have owned has a dent under the gas peddel also.

But im older now so they are there from goign to places that are more safe to drive like that like a track you can actually go play on.

I also drove 18 wheelers for 15 years so i have some driving on you and have been driving since i was about 12 or 13 as a farm kid you learn early to help out with stuff around the farm.

just have a good head is all im tryign to say , I have seen some really nasty things from drivers that get stupid on the road or didnt know how to handel a sistuation that comes up on them.

i say it to anyone i know BECAREFULE PLEASE!!! a perents worse nightmare is to get that call to come identify the body of a child of thier own.

I think i would rather have to bail them out then ge tthat call or knock on the door.

but as far as the monte gose they are big feeling but not anybigger then any of the other midsized cars out there the grand am felt bigger to me.
also they are nice to have on trips to and from home as they handel real nice on the road.
just dont get to close to the tractor traliers. we cant see you if youget closer then 100ft or closer behind us. also dont stay next to us to much unles you have to it is a big blind spot also.

good luck and stay safe on the road.
have fun.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:37 PM

Wow, when i ment i forgot the rules of the road, i ment to say i speed a little more. I dont drive reckless or pull stupid stunts. I used to

drive exzacly at 100kph (not mph) and now i drive 105-107, becouse in canada we usally get pulled over at 110+.(100kph is posted limit)

So there is a noticible diffrence but nothing i'd get pulled over for... so breath a sigh of relife, i'm no more dangrous than grandpa.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:10 PM

yehh my 2000 monte is my first car... no problems at all

im a chevy man so im happy

Old 04-04-2006, 06:44 PM

Thanks guys, well I just had my first test drive and it rides really smooth, I thought that i would have to get used to the heavy steering cause i'm used to one handing my grandmas little oldsmobile, but to my suprise it wasn't that heavy at all, and i really enjoyed the ride. Eventhough i havn't really had a chance to see it on the highway i really like it. So thanks for all the great replys

Old 04-18-2006, 05:56 PM

My first car was an 85 Trans Am. A few day before I turned 19 I bought my 05 Monte Carlo LT, and I love it. I was lucky enough to be able to afford to keep my TA, but the only things I miss about it when I'm driving the Monte is naturally the handling, even though the Monte's isn't bad it's just hard to beat a Trans Am's handling, and the sound when you get on it. I think the 2005 Monte Carlo is an awesome car.

Old 04-18-2006, 11:54 PM

My first car was my '04 monte carlo SS for my 17th birthday. The thing has been awesome for the half a year I've had it No complaints (of course). It is the perfect first car, not small, fast, sporty looking, american***, and has plenty of room for upgrades. Now that I have a bit of spare cash, I'm lookin to put an exhaust, chip, and CAI to add a bit of power and sound for my liking. Chevy guy for life!!! lol