General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

monte ss or gto....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default monte ss or gto....

i recently bought my ss in december its an 07. i love it but sometimes after looking and pricing the 06 gto i wonder if maybe i should have got that. 6.0 rwd are the two main reasons although i think the monte is a far more better looking car. i need ya to help me feel better about my purchase. did i buy too soon or not? ty

Old 01-15-2012, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well i own a GTO & its an amazing car & the 6.0 is a beast thats for sure, but it depends on what your looking for, do you want all out raw power & speed? Than the GTO is what you would want, if you looking for a nice driver with some performace than the Monte is what you want, it all just comes down to what u need really the GTO wont be as comfortable & wont get as good of milage like the monte, but i will say the fit & finish of the GTO is better than a monte, & youll also lose a ton of trunk space with the GTO sence the fuel tank is in the trunk

Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM

Was your monte a v8? Just wondered, I'd be happy with what I got, no reason to always regret something no matter what you get theres usually always a better deal.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Well i own a GTO & its an amazing car & the 6.0 is a beast thats for sure, but it depends on what your looking for, do you want all out raw power & speed? Than the GTO is what you would want, if you looking for a nice driver with some performace than the Monte is what you want, it all just comes down to what u need really the GTO wont be as comfortable & wont get as good of milage like the monte, but i will say the fit & finish of the GTO is better than a monte, & youll also lose a ton of trunk space with the GTO sence the fuel tank is in the trunk
i think if i could do it over i would have gotten a GTO instead of my SS but i have been happy with the SS

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 01-15-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Was your monte a v8? Just wondered, I'd be happy with what I got, no reason to always regret something no matter what you get theres usually always a better deal.
yes my monte is a v8. it has 32,000 miles on it and i paid 18,000 for it. then after i bought it i started looking at clips of the gto on you tube and was like damn! so i started pricing them and i could have bought a 06 gto with 27,000 miles on it for 19,000. thats when i started wondering. but you are right. i should just be grateful that im able to buy any car at all. perhaps i need to slap myself in the face for being selfish.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i think if i could do it over i would have gotten a GTO instead of my SS.
i hate to say it but for the raw power of the gto for the price i have a little regret as well. oh well im 40. i should have the car paid off in 6 years and then i will buy something else and second guess that too. im sounding like a woman now!! lol

Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 AM

monte carlo all the way how much horse/tq do you want? cause you could always upgrade some monte parts! post some pics of it! plus imo rwd doesnt matter too much cause i dont like to abuse my cars. sure itd be neat. but i dont really plan on destroying my tires by burnin out!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:50 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Yeah you still have a LSX motor so you got alot of performance extras you can get

Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM

I don't blame you. A GTO will be my next car, 400 ft/lbs of torque on a rear wheel drive car STOCK (a bit less to the wheels, but even still). What's not to love?

It's still out of reach financially, but I've already started looking. Candy apple red with black interior and a 6 speed, yes please..

Old 01-15-2012, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
monte carlo all the way how much horse/tq do you want? cause you could always upgrade some monte parts! post some pics of it! plus imo rwd doesnt matter too much cause i dont like to abuse my cars. sure itd be neat. but i dont really plan on destroying my tires by burnin out!
i know! i drive like an old lady! i gues owning a gto would be like the 80 lb skinny nerd in high school that loks like a dork but is actually a 3rd degree blackbelt and is not to be messed with! well at least the monte is still a black belt. lol

Quick Reply: monte ss or gto....