General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte carlo petition

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 PM

eehhhhh??? idk, it looks good, its just it looks alot like a G6, you know?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Matt, that's a cool pic....

Old 03-30-2010, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty nice. I'd also have to agree with you on that one, but it'd be nice if they made it so its tunable, and affordable. I was gunna say that would be an Infinity G35 haha. Yeah that's pretty nice though.

This is totally Badass. I can imagine that baby easily with 300-350hp NA and SC editions. F*** yeah. I would buy this in a heart beat.

Just kind make it not look so weird on the bottom of the car lol...maybe its the rims thats throwing it off =P and jack the rear end up a lil too

Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Thats about all the better I could get it using MS paint on my mouseless laptop. I think you get the idea tho.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

UGH, I hate that concept. I remember when it first was made. They used a dodge magnum to start with. FAIL.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol really? I love it. Although, there's something weird about it...

Anyways, I've been looking around on a couple sites and it seems there bringing back the Monte Carlo on a RWD Zeta platform and there supposedly on a "name-break" but will return within 2-3yrs. Idk, not getting my hopes up for anything, but i'll definately be ready within those 2-3yrs to get one.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 PM

HAHA sorry, G8 wtf was i thinking??

Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by MonteLSV6
I know, I'm not liking the idea of it becoming a RWD again for us people that have to deal with horribly winters, especially people that live near chicago (me). I'd still get one though . But I cannot send them an e-mail. It keeps getting bounced back to me saying that theres a problem with the mail delivery system for that site. I dun get it . I will keep trying to work on it and see if theres a way to contact them about it.
I wouldn't mind a new RWD Monte, but GM would need to do what Chrysler did in the LX models (Charger/300/Challenger) with the electronic stability program. I've had an '06 Charger since it was new and I've been through a couple of bad winters with it - no issues. This thing has no problem, mainly because the ESP is SO fast it doesn't let the wheels spin much (takes some of the fun out of it though). Driver skill probably still plays a part too - I grew up in northern NY so I know about snow and ice and driving in it. That being said, I wouldn't want to drive a RWD that didn't have some level of aid anymore.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by mrl390
Im still saying use the AMAZING Sigma II platform from the CTS and drop some weight by cutting some of the unnecessary luxury items.

I think make the 300hp DI 3.6 standard and then TURBO IT as the performance option. GM has to have a turbo version of the 3.6 somewhere in its R&D department.
I actually forgot all about the CTS - nice idea. That is a nice car, but as the CTS it's way too overpriced. Put a Chevy name on it and drop $10k off the sticker and we may be in the ball park. I'd like to see something traditional for motors, maybe 305 and 350 ci na (that would be about 5.0L and 5.7L respectively, maybe those can be the base and LS) - I'm a big fan of "there's no replacement for cubic displacement". Of course nothing wrong with throwing a turbo or sc on either of those afterward and coming up with a 450-500hp SS model.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by mrl390
The monte carlo is never going to compete with civics and scions. It isnt even the same class of car. Those are compact cars. Thats what the cobalt and the future Cruze is supposed to compete with, not the monte carlo. The monte carlo is a staple in Nascar and has racing in its blood. Im sorry, but if GM brought back the monte carlo and it still only had a low output v6 and front wheel drive, I wouldnt waste my money on it, but thats my opinion. Not every one has to be a 40,000 dollar 400hp car. Hell the G8 GXP was a 40,000 dollar car and it was WAY bigger than the monte and had 4 doors. There is no reason they couldnt start them under 25k. The new camaro starts under 25,000 and its RWD with the 300hp v6 base. If you want a cheap tuner car to go rice around on the streets but a freaking cobalt and have at it. Dont disgrace the monte carlo that way. I would rather it never come back than to come back that way.

BTW, here is a little rendering I did. I used the CTS as a starting point:

Great post....I couldnt agree with you more...

If you want a rear wheel drive...buy a camaro...has 2 doors like the monte
If you want 4 doors with a v8 buy the G8
If you want a tuner american car buy the cobalt....

Great Post MATT

Quick Reply: Monte carlo petition