General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Monte Carlo LS touch up paint

Old 06-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Default Monte Carlo LS touch up paint

Hey y'all, I just bought a nice torch red 2001 Monte Carlo LS today and am wondering the best way to touch up a few scratches inexpensively. Would a paint pen work well without making noticeable marks? Which paint pens would you recommend? I'm a newbie to all this stuff so anything helps. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I believe about anything you do will still be noticeable. Just practice on nondescript area on the car first. There is a company called Dr. Color Chip that gives you a kit that works fairly well, I like it. Whatever you end up using use a light touch, go easy on the paint. Watch a couple You Tube videos on the subject and you should be able to make it look good from 10 ft. away.

Link to the Color Chip paint kit.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

Old 07-06-2018, 04:11 PM

My 2 cents worth: grab the vin / paint color and any NAPA or auto paint store can match up a pint of paint for you. (I have 5 kids, they like to paint, but I don't let them paint on my car :P LOL) however they have some really fine paint brushes, that I steal, (ones where the tip is about the size of a ball point pen, and going up in size from there). For a small rock chip that still has the white undercoating primer, I'll plop down a drop or 2 of paint... in the more damaged areas, specifically fenders, I'll remove rust and loose paint, then use the black undercoating primer that bonds / hardens rust; and then paint over that with a small foam brush; (Show quality? NOOO, but when you gotta get on your hands and knees & / or stoop over and inspect closely, it's much better than seeing something from 15' away...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.