General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Default RE: GM to give MONTE CARLO the BOOT : (

Thanks Space...like I said before, ANYTIME something is changed, modified, refreshed it's major $$$ for the corporation. To think otherwise is stupid!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Everyone knows you don't advertise, you don't get sales. And Chevy's guided by the little thing called: The Bottom Line. (money)

They're in business to make it.

It's sad to see the Monte get booted in the a-- yet again. Now I'm even more glad I got my '06 LTZ.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:29 AM

I 2nd that vote RJ. I really enjoy my LTZ. I just washed it last night and detailed it tonight in the heated garage. Can't wait for winter to be over.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

Thanks Space...like I said before, ANYTIME something is changed, modified, refreshed it's major $$$ for the corporation. To think otherwise is stupid!
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi James -Cain 45 -[/align][align=center]I agree that GM had to substain a cost for the revision of the 2006 Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]I have no idea on how much ?[/align][align=center]If anyone is STUPID, I think it would be GM[/align][align=center]for killing the Monte because of neglect & mis-management[/align][align=center]by the company.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My grandpa taught me that opinions are like A-Holes,[/align][align=center]everybody has one, some just stink more then others.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]On forums, everyone can state their opinions & post their comments, [/align][align=center]but I hope that we can refrain from posting negative words that may hurt.[X(][:@][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Main Entry: stu·pid

Function: adjective
Pronunciation: 'stü-p&d, 'styü-[/i]
1 a : slow of mind (like Space: ): OBTUSE [/i][/i]b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner[/i] [/i]c : lacking intelligence or reason(like Space: BRUTISH [/i][/i]
2 : dulled in feeling or sensation : TORPID <still stupid from the sedatives, booze,[/align][align=center]drugs, illegal smoke, someone that is burned out. Feelings of being in `Space[/i]>[/i] [/i]
3 : marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting : SENSELESS [/i][/i]
4 a : lacking interest or point[/i] [/i][/align][align=center]I was taught, "If you don't have anything good to say...don't say anything at all"[sm=icon_quiet.gif][/align][align=center]I don't have anything more to say.[/align][align=center]Peace to the Forum & our Planet,[/align][align=center]Our World,[/align][align=center]`Space
[sm=teetertooter.gif][/align]

Old 03-04-2007, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]If you couldn't drive a Monte Carlo, what type of vehicle would you drive -purchase[/align][align=center]with the money you have invested in your Monte?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please post your choice.[/align][align=center]So many cars, so many choices : )[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If there wasn't a Monte Carlo ever produced[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would look at the Pontiac G6 GTP w/the 3.9 six speed[/align][align=center]0r[/align][align=center]Search for a clean olderCamaro or Trans Am : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-04-2007, 11:16 AM

I can't think of anything else I would want, this is the first car that Ive ever bought because I actually wanted it...in the past it has always been whatever I could afford. I guess I would get an impala.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:58 PM

I thinks i would look for a pontiac firebird Ws6 ora trans am

Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I couldn't get a Monte what would I drive? Other then the 9 other cars I own? [sm=drooldude.gif]

It would probably be Mopar. I'd given thought to buying a Sebring when I was looking at '06 Montes.
(glad I bought the Monte) [sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 PM

Yeah? Soon that might be a Chevy or a Pontiac Sebring!![8D]

I am a truck person. I am planning to buy an '07 (possibly '08 by the time I can afford it) Avalanche as soon as I can. My wife will inherit the Monte Carlo. She can't wait! She loves the car as much as I do. Right now, she drives an '03 Saturn Vue.

Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 AM

If I had to drive something else it would definately be either a Dodge (to stay in the US) or possible an eclipse with a manual tranny. When I purchased my first 2003 Monte I actually test drove an Eclipse (weaker than my current 3.9L) but it did have a manual which I really liked. Fortunately the Monte definately beat it out with a much Larger trunk, but it was less power and had Auto tranny. But it was a victory red (still LOVE that color on the prev. body style). I drove by the dealership and saw my old car... does anyone else get that pang of guilt seeing an old vehicle sitting on the lot with a red tag? Wish I coulda kept em both.

Oh yeah, I found out on the Chevy website that the 2007 Impalas can still come with the 3.9 and with the new DOD (aka: Active Fuel Mngmt). Just GUESS how much more mileage they get....

At 233 or so HP (a 7HP reduction from my 06 3LT) the vehicle gets 29MPG reported highway..... that's a WHOPPING 1 MPG over my 3.9 at 240 HP. I think the fuel savings came from the less power!!! haha, take that you 4-door-fogeys!

Quick Reply: MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )