General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Default RE: GM to give MONTE CARLO the BOOT : (

If I couldn't drive my Monte I'd probably go with either a Dodge Mega Cab or .... Hate to say thisbut......... a new Mustang GT. [sm=imsorry.gif]but I like them. When Isaw myMonte I was actually test driving a yellow Mustang. I was also looking at a Hyundai Tiburon GT and the new Eclipse. If I wouldn't have seenthe Monteon the lot next door I would have ended up with the Mustang. Not having any kids makes it easy to not need a back seat. And I've always liked having the power.

Hate if you want but you asked the question.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Soon that might be a Chevy or a Pontiac Sebring!!

It's probably Toyota.

Hate to say thisbut......... a new Mustang GT

What is it with chicks and Rustangs anyways?

Old 03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

What is it with chicks and Rustangs anyways?
i know! thats my wife's favorite car too...but they're completely useless if you have kids...the back seat in those cars are so small

Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]If they never made a Monte Carlo : ( I would be look'in 4 something like [:-]below[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Or a late Model Camero : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One of the students in my class is driving over with his dad to look @ the above Trans Am: )[/align][align=center]He said ifhe got it, he would let me take it 4 a spin : )[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

ORIGINAL: cain45

Thanks Space...like I said before, ANYTIME something is changed, modified, refreshed it's major $$$ for the corporation. To think otherwise is stupid!
you are right, in that anytime anything is changed it does cost money, but when you share parts with, for example the Impala, which sells over 8 times the amountmore thanMC sales, you cost can be shared across both car lines, thus reducing the cost to change the car. It would have cost GM more money if they didn't share any parts with the Impala because they would have to have a different stamping, or production line etc. so to GM, it basically cost them nothing.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:47 AM

At this house hold......
I have the 06 Monte LTZ (nothing can replace this car)
Also have an 07 Mustang......

The 06 Monte cost me $25,000 grand fully loaded
the 07 Stang cost me $21,000 and does not have half the stuff the LTZ has.
I think the extra $4,000 grand that I paid for the LTZ was very much worth the money.

The ride and the handling of the Monte is way better not to metion the leg room,then the Stang. Base engine in the Stang is a4.0L v-6 with 211 horses. The LTZ 3.9 242 horses. The Monte walks away from the Stang with no problem.

I am keeping an eye on the G-8 pontiac.... which I think its twin will be the Chevy Impala.... No I will not one of them...... I do want to buy something else so that I can keep the miles down on the Monte but that will not be until the end of the year.....

Rest a sure you what ever I will buy it has to have only two doors....... and made by an American car company..... Dont leave to many options out there but no more 4 doors here......

Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Interesting information about the stangs.

I know my girlfriend talks of owning one. (oh the pain)

But the Monte BETTER be what she drives.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
I agree with Space, the last years of the Montes will hold their style value much like a super nice Camaro or Firebird still does after 6 years.

BTW Space,that building in the picture above is only one block away from where I bought my car!!!

Or one just like it!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Grandpa Dave, The above Trans Am is 4-Sale in Tampa, FLorida
Is that the area your came to buy your LTZ ? Maybe they are out west also ? : )
My friend didn't make it over yet, but he said he is going this weekend to see it.
It's a super look'in Trans Am. Wish U a Happy, `Space
Seller Info - Hillsboro Auto Mart More Info [/align]

Toll Free 1-866-387-4906
[/align]
12950 North Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33612

[/align]See Our Current Offers[/align]

Old 03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i love those transams.... the only thing i wish was different on those cars was right where the ram air induction is on it...i wish that stupid hood line wasn't right through the middle of it...would have looked better if those ram airs were just 2 big holes

Quick Reply: MONTE CARLO KILLED : ( + More : )